Chapter 3

Although Lisa also lived in this military compound, but for some special reasons, he hardly has any contact with people around him, and the people around him would also deliberately avoid Lisa. And because of this reason, Mayor Chen was so surprised when He Qi came over to send a gift this evening.

"I didn't expect that someone other than us would remember about our daughter after so many years." Mother Chen said quite emotionally.

"Yes, Third young master Lou has a heart too." Mayor Chen nodded in agreement.

"Sister had seen Third young master Lou when she was a child?" Chen Yang asked curiously, knowing that even though he grew up here, but he only saw Lisa a few times.

"Since Third young master Lou said so, then it must be true." Mother Chen recalled, "After all, he wasn't like this now ten plus years ago. When Lou family held a banquet, Third young master Lou also attended. One day, I took your sister to Minister Lou's birthday banquet, so they must have met at that time."

"Look like this now? What did he look like?" Chen Yang asked with curiosity after hearing this.

"It's nothing." Mother Chen obviously didn't want to talk about this, she smiled and asked Joohyun, "Is your stomach full? Do you want to eat some more?"

"I'm full." Joohyun nodded, she can't help but feel some curiosity as she continued to ask, "That's right, mom, where does Third young master Lou live in? Is it also in the compound?"

"What are you gonna do, asking about this?"

"Didn't he give me a present? I want to thank him personally tomorrow." Joohyun smiled.

"There's no need." This time, Mayor Chen forbids her, "Third young master Lou doesn't like people disturbing him."

"Yes, your dad's right, Third young master Lou really doesn't like people disturbing him." Mother Chen quickly echoed.

"Oh." Joohyun thoughtfully responded, but her mind uncontrollably flashed with the pictures of when she was inside the Lou family's courtyard. The spiritual energy that filled the house, those dozens of men with guns, the husky fellow whose covered with evil energy, even if she only used her toes to think, she still can see that there's some problems there.

However, even though Joohyun was curious, but she didn't actually have the intention to explore anything. After all, the feeling of being pointed by guns wasn't at all good.

After that, the few people chatted for a while, mainly because Mother Chen was asking her daughter about her life situation over the years. Joohyun had to answer all of the questions, but for the most part, she chose to answer that it's all good. They all chatted until more than ten o'clock before going back to their own room to sleep.

Joohyun returned to her room, took the linen bag on the side, and searched for the cinnabar, paper talisman and things similar to those, and then took out the letter that the old man wrote for her, earnestly reading it while sitting on the bed.

[Girl, Grandpa used to tell you that my skill is very profitable, but you always don't believe me. However, that time you're living in Damu Village, grandpa felt that it didn't matter if you believe it or not so I didn't prove anything to you. But now that you have gone to the Imperial Capital, grandpa must solemnly declare once again that grandpa's ability is really profitable!]

"It's not easy writing this letter but you're still writing this kind of unreliable thing." Joohyun looked at the huge exclamation mark and couldn't help but grumble.

[Before, when I took you to catch ghosts in the towns and villages around Damu Village, it was basically voluntary labor, and the main purpose was to let you learn from it. If you really follow grandpa's previous price standard, they can't even see my face if they don't prepare at least several millions of yuan.]