Chapter 28

Although the living dead had retreated, the night was still long and no one can guarantee whether it would come back again or not, so Joohyun can only stay in the mansion until dawn. As soon as it passed ten o'clock, Joohyun fell asleep on a sofa. She will have classes tomorrow; she can't stay up anymore.

Seeing the Heavenly Master that was supposed to protect him fall asleep, Tong Chao was fuming. He really wanted to wake this person up. This little master is in danger, but you can still sleep? However, when he only took two steps forward, He Qi, who was guarding at Joohyun's side, gave him a slight squint. For some reason, Tong Chao felt his body instinctively stopped moving.

He silently retracted his foot, found a sofa nearest to Joohyun, and sat down. Forget it, it's better if I just sit closer.

Jiang Hui saw Tong Chao's uneasiness, so he walked over to calm him down, "Young Master Tong, don't worry, when that monster comes, Heavenly Master Chen will definitely feel it."

Tong Chao immediately felt relieved after hearing Jiang Hui's explanation, he's no longer worried with Joohyun's sleeping state, instead, he felt that the other party was just replenishing her energy. And thus, he also put his feet on the sofa and fell asleep like Joohyun.

Isn't he too worry-free?!

The night passed, and as if she felt something, Joohyun opened her eyes just when the sun appeared, "Dawn?"

Joohyun sat up from the sofa and rubbed her eyes.

"It's dawn." standing on her side, He Qi replied readily.

Joohyun raised her eyes and looked at He Qi, she saw that his bearing was still straight, no slight wrinkles on his clothes, and doubtfully said, "Assistant He, you haven't slept all night?"

"Third Young Master asked me to protect you." He Qi emphasized again.

Is he saying that he really didn't sleep all night? Joohyun felt unfamiliar with the new feeling of being carefully guarded like this. In fact, she knew clearly in her heart that Assistant He's protection wasn't that helpful. Assistant He's an ordinary person, they can't see ghosts or the living dead, so he can't help much even if the danger approaches.

However, Joohyun's heart was still very moved. They only met for several times, and also, majority of the times, it was her being thick-skinned and relying on Third Brother, but not only Third Brother wasn't mad at her, but he also took care of her instead. Joohyun was moved and made a firm decision in her heart that when she has the old man's number, she would definitely ask the old man about Third Brother's evil spirit.

While thinking, Joohyun turned her head and saw Tong Chao who was still sleeping on the other side of the sofa. She then said to Jiang Hui whose face looked tired, "Since it's dawn, Tong Chao won't be in danger for the time being. I'll go back first."

"Yes, Heavenly Master Chen, then, how about tonight?" Although the monster was temporarily repelled, it didn't mean that it gave up on swallowing Tong Chao.

"I'll be here on time." Joohyun promised.

Jiang Hui immediately felt relieved. Last night, Heavenly Master Chen scared the monster away with just two tricks, so as long as Heavenly Master Chen was there, he can be assured that there will be no danger for Young Master Tong.

After leaving Tong's mansion, He Qi drove towards Imperial University. The journey was very quiet. He Qi glanced at Joohyun from the rear-view mirror, she was playing a mobile game, so he asked, "Ms Joohyun will go again tonight?"

"Of course, the living dead only lacks Tong Chao's soul to be resurrected, it will definitely not give up easily." Joohyun replied while checking the old man's notes again on her phone.