Chapter 42

After Joohyun slapped the man into the alley, she was about to chase him in to give him a violent beatdown but was blocked by the waves of hostility.

Seeing the indiscriminate attack in the alley from Xiang Nan who looked like he went crazy, Joohyun silently retracted her foot that had stepped into the alley and decided to sit down on the sidelines.

This unlucky person must be the Celestial Master who painted the soul-refining array, however, even though he was pushed down and beaten by Xiang Nan like this, he actually still overestimated himself and wanted to refine Xiang Nan.

This man's ability to seek death was quite special.

The man was smashed back inside the alley by Joohyun's compass, and while he was still confused and disoriented, he was pressed down and beaten violently by Xiang Nan. The hostile energy inside the alley became heavier, completely suppressing the man's aura. He had no power to fight back, so he could only take out another advanced-level talisman he brought for a high price and once again shook Xiang Nan away from himself.

The man took this opportunity to run towards the alley's entrance again.

Joohyun saw the man running towards her, so she simply lifted her foot and kicked him back in.

Like a hungry tiger pouncing on his prey, Xiang Nan immediately rushed to kill.

"Little girl coming from nowhere, what are you making trouble for?!" the middle-aged man shouted at Joohyun while avoiding Xiang Nan's attacks. He hadn't recognized Joohyun as the Celestial Teacher he just gave a 'lesson' to.

"He, he..."

The middle-aged man fell prey to Joohyun's plot time and again, he had already lost the decisive opportunity in this fight. Xiang Nan took a posture of 'fighting to one's last breath' and the middle-aged man knew that he would be seriously injured if he waited any longer, so he took out the last advanced talisman he had and intended to take this opportunity to escape for good.

When the man ran to the alley's entrance this time, he shouted, "Get out of the way!"

"He, he..." Joohyun raised her right hand, and the compass that had been floating in the air slowly floated back to Joohyun's side.

"Are you that Celestial Master?" the middle-aged man felt the aura on Joohyun's body, and his face changed suddenly.

"I studied hard for half a month, but you actually attacked me when I was taking my exam?" Joohyun showed a hideous grin and waved her right hand forward ruthlessly, and the man was immediately smashed back into the alley by the buzzing compass.

Xiang Nan roared and rushed up again.

People are divided between good and bad, so of course it was the same with Celestial Masters. Joohyun was ignorant when she was young, she once asked the old man, how to know if a Celestial Master is good or bad? Joohyun still remembered the old man's answer.

Back then, Joohyun had just learned how to draw talismans, the old man pointed to the talisman Joohyun had just drawn carefully and said, "Talismans are made by the Celestial Master's own spiritual power, so there's a close connection between them. For example, this talisman, because you're the one who drew it, then you can feel if it's used by someone."

"Talisman is formed by your energy and can help others, but at the same time, others can also use the connection between the talisman and you to harm you through a special spell. Little girl, you have to remember a Celestial Master's magic should be used to fight supernaturally evil things, such as exorcising ghosts or evil spirits, using magic to harm people is a big taboo in the spiritual world." The old man said solemnly, "If one day someone dares to use your talisman and casts a spell to harm you, find them and beat them to death."