Chapter 117

Mayor's Office.

Secretary Zhang knocked on the door of the office with a stack of documents, and then gently pushed it open. Behind the door, Mayor Chen was seriously working at his desk.

"Mayor, this is the latest urban planning information." Secretary Zhang put the documents in his hand in front of Mayor Chen.

Mayor Chen stopped his work, picked up the document and read a few lines. Afterward, he could not help but frown. It was about real estate construction again. Presently, real estate prices in the capital had reached a frightening high.

"Is there anything else?" Mayor Chen looked up after a while and found that Secretary Zhang had not yet left, so he asked.

"Mayor, Shen Weijun has come to study in the capital and wants to visit you," Secretary Zhang reported.

"Weijun is here in the capital?" Mayor Chen said with some surprise, "Let him come over."

"Yes." Secretary Zhang nodded. He turned around and went out to make arrangements.

Shen Weijun was Mayor Chen's first secretary. After staying with Mayor Chen for five to six years, he was transferred to a lower tier city as a county governor. Around eight years have passed now. Because of Shen Weijun's excellent political performance, he rapidly rose to the top, and was transferred to be the Mayor of Qingmu City just recently.

That's right, it was Joohyun's hometown for the past eighteen years. Qingmu City, along with Damu Village, the place where she constantly thought of repairing the roads.

Shen Weijun arrived quickly. After Secretary Zhang called, Shen Weijun rushed to the office in the same afternoon.

"Elder leader." Shen Weijun smilingly walked into the office.

"Weijun." Mayor Chen smiled, got up and greeted him.

Secretary Zhang brought in tea, and after Mayor Chen and Zhang Weijun exchanged pleasantries for a while, the two began to talk about the development plan of Qingmu City.

"Elder leader, you have no idea about my suffering, sigh. Qingmu City is located at the border, with the most jungles and mountains. Nowadays there are still a large number of villagers living in the deep mountains who can't get out." Shen Weijun complained, "Because of this, every time I go to the provincial meeting, I cannot hold up my head."

"Then what are you going to do?" Mayor Chen nodded with understanding.

"I came to the capital mainly to learn, and secondly to see if there is a way for me to apply for more funding." Shen Weijun said, "In order to get rid of poverty, we must first repair the road."

When Mayor Chen heard road construction, his thoughts turned and he continued to nod: "Your thinking is right, so do you have a specific plan?"

"I have two plans." Shen Weijun said, "One is to build the Panshan Highway from Qingmu City to Qingyang County all the way to the east. Once this road is completed, the poorest townships in Qingmu City will improve. The other is to build a road to the south, all the way to Shan'an County. If it is planned and developed there, it can be developed as a tourism industry."

Qingyang County? Mayor Chen remembered that Damu Village, where Joohyun previously lived, was part of this county.

"Then which one do you prefer?" Mayor Chen asked calmly.

"To be honest, I actually prefer the first plan, let the impoverished advance. However, it is estimated that it is difficult to achieve," Shen Weijun said with a wry smile.