Chapter 93

When Joohyun woke up from the coma, she was back at the hotel at the foot of the mountain. She groggily got out of bed and opened the heavy floor-to-ceiling curtains of the hotel. It was already dark outside.

Stung by the bright neon lights on the street, she unconsciously squinted, turned around and found her bag on the sofa. She then fished out her phone inside to call her grandfather.

"Are you awake?" The place where Elder Wu was seemed to be a bit noisy, as there was a distinct murmur on the phone.

"Why is it suddenly dark?" Joohyun hadn't sobered up just yet.

"Did you become stupid from your sleep?" Elder Wu said in disgust, "Have you forgotten about the activation of the Soul Gathering Formation?"

"Oh, I remember." Joohyun asked again, "Where are you?"

"Seeing that you're not waking up, I came out to eat. Do you want to come along? It's at a barbecue stall three intersections ahead of the hotel entrance," Elder Wu answered while eating skewers."

"Forget it. By the time I get there, you'd be finished eating. I'll find a place to eat some," Joohyun declined and moved to hang up the phone.

"Girl..."

"Hm?" Joohyun heard Elder Wu call her and put the phone back to her ear.

"When you activated the Soul Gathering Formation you consumed a bit too much spiritual power, do you feel anything wrong now?" Elder Wu asked tentatively.

"No, ah?" Joohyun mobilized the spiritual power in her body. "I feel fine, and my spiritual power has almost recovered."

"That's good. I'll hang up." Elder Wu ended the call and decided not to tell Joohyun what happened in the stone room for the time being.

The reason was simple. If Joohyun remembered, then naturally he didn't need to say anything. If Joohyun didn't, then it wasn't the right time. Well, anyway, he did not want to see that silly girl seek her own death. As for Lisa, weren't they already looking for spiritual artifacts for him? Elder Wu asked the boss for twenty skewers of barbecue without any pressure.

Joohyun washed her face and changed clothes. She used her phone to find a more famous specialty restaurant nearby, intending to go out for dinner. After a day without food, she was now starving.

Restaurant businesses seemed to be particularly thriving. It was already past dinner time, but the restaurants were still full of 60-70% of the guests. It was clear to see that the online reviews of the delicious food there were true.

"Hello, Miss," the waiter greeted enthusiastically.

"For one."

"Is sitting inside alright with you? There is a table for two over there," the waiter asked.

Joohyun nodded indifferently and followed the waiter inside. Halfway there, the waiter nearly bumped into a guest coming down from the second floor. He was leading the way, so he politely turned to the side, so Joohyun bumped into an acquaintance without warning.

"Irin." Lu Ning's voice was of surprise.

"Lu Ning." Joohyun was also a little surprised.

Lu Ning looked at the waiter next to him and asked, "Are you here for dinner?"

"Yeah." Joohyun nodded.

"With friends?" Lu Ning asked.

"No, it's just me," Joohyun replied.