Chapter 4

In people's perception, a city was always noisy, there were too many people, too many cars and too many things. But for Joohyun, who had spent two nights in the capital city, felt that the city at night was especially quiet. There was almost no living thing in the carefully pruned lawn, the few cicadas that sounded occasionally didn't have the sound like the crickets in the grass outside of Damu Village.

Joohyun turned on a small desk lamp, carrying the linen bag given to her by the Old man, then quietly pushed the window and jumped down. It was already twelve o'clock at night, the lights on Father and Mother Chen's room next to hers had already been turned off for two hours, while Chen Yang's room at the far left of the second floor was also turned off half an hour ago.

Joohyun flipped out to the yard skillfully, bringing with her the smart phone that Mother Chen had just bought for her today, locking onto the place that she was going to go to tonight.

"Thirty-five kilometers?" Joohyun couldn't help exclaimed, "Won't it be dawn when I come back later?"

Joohyun decisively dismissed her intention to walk and stopped a taxi on the roadside. Now that there was a new money-making skill, the way to spend money should also keep up with progression ah.

There were only a few cars at night, so the speed was very fast. In less than forty minutes, the taxi stopped at the gate of Riverside Park. When getting off, the kind taxi driver saw that Joohyun was only a little girl, coming to this place in the middle of the night, so he couldn't help reminding her, "Student, this place is very remote, do you really want to get off here?"

"That's right, thank you, mister." Joohyun said and handed over a hundred yuan.

"Student, it's not easy to get a taxi near here, how long are you going to spend here? Do you want me to wait for you?" The driver said while looking for a change to give to Joohyun.

"There's no need, mister. I also don't know when I would come out, thank you for your concern." Joohyun thanked.

"Then, okay, be careful." The driver saw that this little girl insisted and that it's hard to persuade her. These young'uns nowadays, really makes parents worry.

Waiting until the taxi turned on the junction and can't be seen anymore, Joohyun then turned around and walked into the park's gate. Riverside Park was the newly developed park that was located on the lakeside, it hasn't been opened to the public yet. The tall iron gate was secured by an iron chain, so Joohyun looked up at the height and searched for a better place to put her foot on before jumping two or three times and entered the park.

After entering the park, Joohyun flipped the compass out of her bag, looking at the pointer of the compass that turned around before finally pointing to the southwest.

Looks like the goal is right there.

After determining the direction, Joohyun closed the compass and turned on the flashlight function of her new phone. While lamenting of the multi-function of the smart phone, she casually walked to the pointed direction.

After walking for about ten minutes, Joohyun faintly felt a bit of ghostly aura, but she didn't stop or look around in alert. She instead quietly walked along the stone path inside the bamboo forest, looking like she didn't find anything yet.

Halfway through, Joohyun found that there's a small pavilion in the center of the bamboo forest that was dedicated for tourists. Pretending that she was tired, Joohyun walked over to find a place to sit down before taking out her phone and played a Penguin card game.

"Loot the landlord, I'll loot."

"Quickly, I'm already waiting until all my flowers withered ah."

"The king exploded!"