Chapter 71

After Xiang Nan watched Joohyun rescue the man from the sidelines, he motioned to the ghost messenger to leave with him.

Joohyun's spiritual power was actually overdrawn in the process of using the forbidden technique. Later, she was only supported by the spiritual power supplied by the compass. Xiang Nan also found that Joohyun was about to collapse, so he led the ghost messenger out of the room in time.

He didn't leave earlier because Chen Yang hadn't been completely rescued. Nothing had changed in the Book of Life and Death. He was still obligated to stop, so if he had left early, the ghost messenger would have noticed the clues.

Joohyun waited for Xiang Nan to leave with the ghost messenger before releasing a pent-up breath of relief in an instant. She was paralyzed at the foot of the bed, like a puddle of mud. The compass also crashed to the ground with a clang.

"Irin!" The Chen couple, who had witnessed the whole thing from the beginning, rushed to her, and Mayor Chen picked Joohyun up from the floor.

"Irin, are you okay? Don't scare mom," Mother Chen asked tremulously. She couldn't imagine what she'd do if something happened to both of her son and daughter within the same day.

"I'm fine... I'm just out of strength. I just need sleep." Joohyun said weakly, "Find a doctor and see if... Big Brother is fine."

After Joohyun said this, her head tilted, and she fainted.

"Irin, Irin..." When Mother Chen saw her daughter suddenly fainting, she got scared and reached out to shake her. She only shook her two times, when Father Chen stopped him on the side.

"Irin just passed out from exhaustion." Mayor Chen was much calmer than his wife. He still remembered what his daughter said before fainting. "Go call the doctor to check Yangyang."

"Yangyang..." Mother Chen finally recovered her senses. The couple turned their heads to look at the ECG monitor on the other side of the hospital bed, on which the regular wavy lines and the orderly prompting sound were unmistakable. In contrast, it was as if the blinding straight line moments ago was their hallucination.

Outside the hospital, Xiang Nan cordially talked to the ghost messenger, "What's your name?"

"My name is Zhao Yi, Lord Magistrate," Zhao Yi, the ghost messenger, replied.

"I've seen you." Xiang Nan said, "We listened to the Black and White Impermanence's training courses together when the new recruits were training."

"You remember me, My Lord?" Zhao Yi didn't expect that the Magistrate would remember him, an insignificant ghost messenger. Hence, he was instantly overjoyed. "It turned out that we attended the same class of the two Lords, the Black and White Impermanence, My Lord. Like you, it's also my first day of work today."

"This is your first assignment, right?" Xiang Nan asked.

"Yes. Unfortunately, it was messed up." Zhao Yi's face was full of chagrin.

"This is also my first mission." Xiang Nan sighed with worry across his face. "It was hard to get this job, sigh."

"Isn't it? It took me 30 years to be admitted as a civil servant," Zhao Yi echoed emotionally.

"I waited six hundred years to become a Judge. It wasn't easy, ah," Xiang Nan said, 'incredibly depressed', "Say, how could we be so unlucky to have met such a powerful Celestial Master on our first mission?"

"Exactly. If all the Celestial Masters in the world of the living are so powerful, how can we still work?" Zhao Yi nodded in agreement.

"I'm not sure if I can still keep my job. I also don't know if there's still a chance for me to get out and work," Xiang Nan remarked worriedly.