Chapter 9

"Feifei, hurry up, we're already late!"

Following the shout of Zhang Muwan, Fang Feifei hurriedly ran out of the dormitory, and the four girls who had just met for a day walked to the university's sports ground in laughter.

Today is the opening ceremony of Imperial University, the four of them arrived at the sports ground late because of Fang Feifei. The four could only stood behind the crowd silently and looked at the podium from afar, but they couldn't see clearly in this distance after all.

At ten o'clock, the broadcast music immediately stopped, and the opening ceremony immediately began. The host introduced the leaders of the school on the stage, while the four on the back clapped continuously, in any case, they can't see clearly, so they just decided to follow everyone.

"Now, I invite a freshman representative of this year to speak on behalf of the new students." After another round of applause, Joohyun saw a boy standing in front of the microphone from afar.

"I heard that Qin Yi was the freshman representative last year, I don't know if ours is also as handsome or not." Fang Feifei asked, looking at the blurred figure in the distance while whispering.

"That couldn't be ah." Han You replied, "There are very few people as handsome as Qin Yi."

"I really envy Irene, unexpectedly, she lives in the same big compound as the most handsome boy." Yesterday, the three heard Shao Hui called her 'Irene, Irene', so they all changed her form of address after they returned.

Joohyun grinned under the three's envious eyes, and when she was about to say something, she suddenly felt the atmosphere around changed.

Joohyun's eyes lit up, and her eyes fell on the podium again. She saw a pale golden light falling from the sky on the head of the freshman representative who was speaking, followed by a dozen of similar lights falling on the crowd standing on the sports ground. Joohyun raised her head and looked in the direction of the golden lights and found a faintly discernible star.

Is that...Wenquxing?

[fun fact: Wenquxing has the character of 'star' in it]

The golden light fell one by one, Joohyun heard a light hum like it was coming from the earth itself as a huge aura suddenly arose from the ground merged with those golden lights, forming a huge pale of golden light ball, rapidly expanding around the sports ground, and the entire campus was enshrouded within it in a matter of seconds.

How comfortable...

Joohyun didn't have time to sigh before a blood red fiendish evil spirit rose from the ground, colliding with the auspicious aura in the sky.

Blocking the auspicious aura?

Joohyun frowned tightly, looking at the direction of the podium, feeling a little puzzled. It's such powerful evil spirits, how could I not have found it before?

The blood red evil spirits fell from the chairperson on the stage, the first to be affected was the freshman standing underneath, but the sky above the sports ground was covered by a transparent, sturdy boundary which slowed down the infiltration speed of those evil spirits. When the evil spirits seeped outside the boundary little by little, they were dealt with by the auspicious aura from inside so that they wouldn't cause any bad impact on the students here.

On the high podium, Lisa, as an honorary professor of the Imperial University, sat at the very corner position, there was the jade buckle that he had just undid on the table in front of him. Just now, he felt the dense auspicious aura, and under the prompt of Master Mao's disciple, he unfastened the jade buckle on his wrist, allowing the long-sealed evil spirits to be released without scruple. While his body was extremely relaxed, but his heart was strained like a taut string.