Chapter 98

After breakfast, Joohyun walked out of the hotel wearing a simple light-colored casual wear and carrying a bag with the compass and the Soul Summoning Bell.

    "Irin."

    Joohyun, who was about to turn a corner and walk towards the ticketing center of Qilian Mountain scenic spots, when she heard someone calling her. She turned around curiously and saw Lu Ning, who was getting out of a white car across the road.

    "Lu Ning, you haven't gone yet either." The other Celestial Masters living in the same hotel had set off for Qilian Mountain before dawn. Only Joohyun was unconcerned. She slept and woke up as usual, and before going out leisurely, she had her breakfast.

    "I got up late." Lu Ning smiled in embarrassment. In fact, he had already reached the rendezvous point. However, upon looking around and not finding Joohyun, he drove back to pick her up.

    "Then let's get going, or we'll be late." Joohyun naturally didn't care whether she was too late. She just couldn't delay others' time.

    "There is no hurry." Lu Ning smiled, and gently opened the car door for Joohyun.

    The assembly point of the Profound Spirit Grand Competition was at the end of the Qilian Mountain Cableway, where all the participating Celestial Masters would wait until the magical barrier at the top of the mountain opens, before climbing from the meeting point to the peak of the mountain. Then, they could enter the magical barrier. In order for the competition to be held smoothly, the Qilian Mountain tourist spots stopped receiving foreign visitors three days prior.

    It was about half an hour walk from the hotel where Joohyun was staying to the scenic spot, and just a few minutes by car. Soon the two of them arrived at the entrance of the scenic spot.

    Joohyun got out of the car and made her way to the ticket booth. Seeing this, Lu Ning quickly shouted at her, "This way."

    "I know, but I haven't bought a ticket yet," Joohyun explained.

    Lu Ning was stunned, then thought that since it was Joohyun's first time to participate in the Profound Spirit Grand Competition, it was no surprise that she didn't know. Hence, he smiled and clarified, "Cable rides today are free, no charge."

    "Free?" Joohyun was quite surprised.

    "Yes, let's go up quickly." When the two got on the cable car, Lu Ning explained, "In order for the competition to proceed smoothly, the Metaphysics Headquarters communicated with the local authorities. Thus, the Qilian Mountains suspended the reception of tourists during the competition, and cable car rides also became free for the participants' use."

    "What a huge feat!" Joohyun had seen with her own eyes how many tourists visited the Qilian Mountains every day during this period. Yet, they actually declared no reception.

    "After all, there is only one session every decade, so naturally the Metaphysics Headquarters attaches great importance to it," Lu Ning said.

    When Joohyun heard this, she suddenly felt guilty for no apparent reason. She knew that the Metaphysics Headquarters attached so much importance to it, so she arranged more snacks for them recently.

    After a while, the cable car reached the end. Most of the talented young Celestial Masters in the country gathered in a beautiful valley. They stood together in twos and threes, as if they were discussing something.

    Lu Ning took in the valley full of people and unconsciously frowned. He glanced at the top of the mountain before leading Joohyun towards a certain place.