Chapter 69

As the New Year's Eve approached, migrant workers returned to their hometowns for the New Year. The crowded cities of the past gradually became empty. Even the world of online games wasn't as lively as it used to be.

Xiao Shao, the cafe manager, carried the take-out he had just ordered and headed for the smoke-free area of the Internet cafe.

"Old Sir, it's time to eat." Xiao Shao put the meal that belonged to Elder Wu on the table beside him.

"Leave it there. Let me finish this game." Elder Wu stared straight at the screen, without moving his eyes.

Xiao Shao took a look at the violent skirmish on the computer screen. Although he had already seen Elder Wu's extraordinary gaming skills, every time he saw it, he still couldn't help but wonder: "Old Sir, this person is quite powerful ah. You met your match."

The two characters in the game were fighting fiercely. Their PK's were neck and neck.

Elder Wu didn't reply. He had one hand on the keyboard and one hand on the mouse, and only when he finished the enemy hero with the first blood on a slim margin did he relax. He turned his head and asked, "Did you buy the shredded fish and rice with pork toppings?"

"It's shredded fish and meat, but the one you always eat from has closed for the New Year. I changed it. I don't know how this one tastes," Xiao Shao said as he ate his share of take-out.

Elder Wu wasn't picky. He took the lunch box and opened it, eating one bite at a time.

"Old Sir, you've been in the Internet cafe for half a year. Why aren't you still heading home for the New Year?" Xiao Shao was really curious. He was too naive before. He had only seen teenagers addicted to online games, but Elder Wu refreshed his insight time and again, showing him a glimpse of elderly internet addiction.

"Not going," Elder Wu replied with two words suavely.

If people refused to go home during the New Year, it was either because they couldn't go home for work like him or was reluctant to go home to avoid forced marriage like his boss. However, if there were still other people who couldn't go home, it must be because they didn't have a home to return to.

No wonder the Old Sir nested in the Internet cafe all day long. It turned out that his children were unfilial, so he refused to go back.

"Snap!"

"Ouch!" Elder Wu slapped the cafe manager, Xiao Shao, on the head. Xiao Shao grimaced from the pain and complained, "Old Sir, why are you hitting me, ah?"

"The look on your face when you looked at me just now; I don't know why, but it was particularly calling for a beating." That was why Elder Wu couldn't control smacking him.

Xiao Shao bristled and decided not to stoop down to the level of this elderly abandoned man.

"Ding!"

Just then, the phone that Elder Wu put aside suddenly rang.

"Old Sir, you seem to have received a message. It's probably from your granddaughter," Xiao Shao alerted him.

"No." Elder Wu did not even lift an eyelid. "My granddaughter doesn't have my phone number. She can only leave messages for me on QQ if she needs something."

"..." Comrade Xiao Shao subconsciously glanced at the grandpa's computer screen and asked strangely, "Old Sir, how come you haven't logged in on QQ yet?"

"Isn't it almost New Year's Eve? I'm afraid that the girl will cry for me to go to the capital for the New Year." The Old Sir replied.

"... Then, you should still log in on QQ, ah. If you don't want to go, just refuse ah," Xiao Shao commented.