Chapter 76

When Lisa finally regained his lost soul, Joohyun was long gone from the study. His phone suddenly rang in the empty study. It was a video call from his mother, but Lisa did not seem to hear it.

He was slumped in his chair with his mouth still seemingly tingling with the sensation of Joohyun's tongue licking through. Every time he recalled it, he felt drained of energy.

Miss, you're playing with fire. Did you know that?

Lisa couldn't bear to close his eyes. His heart thumped violently in his paralyzed body, and it seemed that every pump was urging him to do something he had been trying to stop himself from doing.

"Knock, knock!"

He Qi knocked at the door and waited for a while without hearing Lisa reply. He frowned slightly in doubt. He knocked on the door again after a while, and then Lisa let him in.

"Young Master." He Qi pushed the door and entered.

"What is it?" Lisa maintained the same position as before without moving, without even turning his head to look at He Qi.

"Madam just called you, but you didn't answer," He Qi said.

Lisa was stunned. He reached for the mobile phone on the table and found that there were two missed calls from his mother. He'd been sitting for a long time but didn't hear it.

"I know, go out."

"Yes."

After He Qi left, Lisa adjusted his emotions, and only then began to call Madam Lou back.

Joohyun ran happily in the streets of the capital with a body brimming with evil qi. If someone with opened Yin Yang eyes were to look at this time, he would have seen a bouncing female hopping vampire in the distance, oozing with suffocating bloody red evil qi.

The Nian Beast would appear at 11 p.m to 1 a.m., which meant the transition period from the old to the new. It would turn into countless clones and disperse into the world, devouring the world's filthy aura. On ordinary days, these filthy auras were scattered in the air, and people couldn't feel them at all. However, at the hour the Nian Beast appeared, these filthy auras, which were extremely weak on ordinary days, would continue to gather like snowballs, roll bigger and bigger, and finally gather in front of the Nian Beast to be swallowed.

But in the period these foul aura reached the Nian Beast, these small clusters of foul qi amassed in the air were a great tonic for the malevolent ghosts.

Therefore, after New Year's Eve every year, while the New Year was in full swing, it was also accompanied by the growth of some malevolent ghosts. So much so that during every New Year's Eve, the Metaphysics Network would conduct major exorcisms. Joohyun calculated. One malevolent ghost was equivalent to a point. Although there was no charge for exorcising ghosts today, if she caught a hundred of them, she could be promoted to Class A and would be qualified to take on millions-worth of tasks.

Thinking of the A-level quests hanging on the Metaphysics Network that she could see but couldn't accept, Joohyun suddenly became bottomlessly proud. Today, no one could stop her from leveling up.

Joohyun clenched her fists and reached out to stop a cab and headed for the suburbs. It was because the places where the Nian Beast clones appeared were mostly sparsely populated mountains and forests. The filthy aura would move in the process of condensation. Most of the formed evil aura masses would be scattered within five miles around the Nian Beast, so most malevolent ghosts gathered there.

Therefore... it was a wise choice to celebrate the New Year at home during the New Year's eve, because it was easy to run into ghosts if you wandered around on this day.