Chapter 55

Joohyun heard some people shouting her name and turned her head to look suspiciously. Her expression, however, instantly froze when she saw Shao Hui, Qin Yi, Zhang Wenwen and Chu Xiao.

A guess formed inside Joohyun's mind. Sure enough, before she could turn her head back, Daoist Qiu opposite her shouted, "Fellow Daoist, what's your purpose in intruding on my ritual?"

"Me? Intruding?" Joohyun wasn't about to be outdone and retorted, "It's obviously you, who have ruined my business first."

"Business?" Daoist Master Qiu was confused, "What business?"

Joohyun pointed her finger at the two ghosts behind her and said, "I was opening the Ghost Gate to expiate these ghosts, when a whirlwind suddenly swept them away. Did you create that whirlwind?"

"Expiate?" Daoist Master Qiu was visibly taken aback. He took a look at the hostile evil ghosts in puzzlement. Could such evil spirits also be redeemed?

Before Daoist Master Qiu could answer, Liu Xiucheng's expression changed when she heard that the new female Celestial Master wanted to expiate Xiang Nan, and he shouted fiercely, "Daoist Master Qiu, hurry up and get rid of that evil ghost. It's important to save people."

Joohyun followed the voice and turned her gaze in Liu Xiucheng's direction. The moment her eyes met Liu Xiucheng's, her pupils unconsciously shrank. The vitali qi around that man was unstable. It was obvious that his vital qi wasn't his own. This was the first time that Joohyun encountered a person who had successfully changed his fate in defiance of the natural order.

With Liu Xiucheng's reminder, Daoist Master Qiu raised his Qingming Sword again and pointed to the formation, where Xiang Nan was suppressed under the spiritual net against three Daoist Priests, saying, "Fellow Daoist, please get out of the way. This evil ghost has a profound dao. If we don't get rid of him today, the consequences will be endless."

After saying that, Daoist Qiu brandished his Qingming Sword and attempted to bypass Joohyun to stab the evil ghost behind her. Joohyun's eyebrows jumped. The second Daoist Master Qiu bypassed her, a dagger in her right hand slashed his arm, and her left hand stretched out to catch the Qingming Sword he released from the pain.

The instant the Qingming Sword landed on Joohyun's hand, abundant spiritual power was transmitted through her fingertips. Joohyun couldn't resist praising, Good sword.

"Daoist Friend, what do you mean?" Daoist Qiu asked angrily.

"As I said, you've robbed me of my business," Joohyun repeated.

"Such an evil ghost can't be redeemed at all. You're clearly deliberately causing trouble." When Daoist Master Qiu saw that Joohyun was holding the Qingming sword, he concluded that she came to snatch the magic weapon.

"Hong!" At this moment, Xiang Nan's Yin Qi rushed out and hit the spiritual net for the second time. The spiritual net that suppressed him shook. The three Daoist Priests couldn't help but grunt, and they could hardly keep their peach wooden swords.

"Senior Brother, we can't hold on any longer," Daoist Master He yelled.

"Fellow Daoist, return the Qingming Sword to me, and then quickly get out of the way," Daoist Qiu ordered unkindly.

Joohyun had always been open to persuasion but not to coercion. If the other party talked to her nicely, she could have explained in a few words. Now that the other party not only robbed her business, but also talked menacingly, Joohyun was instantly upset. "What if I don't?"

"You..." Daoist Master Qiu was furious, "You are a Celestial Master, but you're helping evil spirits and aiding evildoers. Which sect are you from?"