Chapter 19

To avoid troubling Joohyun due to his special identity, Lisa asked Tian Fei to drive the car directly to his yard, instead of dropping by Chen family's gate.

The courtyard where Lisa lives is on the corner lot with a garden next to it, and a few other gardens around. Lisa had never publicly announced that his family's courtyard and garden were restricted areas. However, the elites in the other courtyards had a tacit understanding. Even if they were curious, they weren't allowed to walk near the area surrounding it.

  Additionally, the two houses in front of the Lou family's courtyard had already been vacated. They were now used by the special soldiers who protected Lisa.

  "Third Brother, I'm going first." Joohyun was about to get off with the shopping bag.

  "Girl," Lisa suddenly stopped Joohyun.

  "En?" Joohyun turned around in doubt.

  Lisa's eyes turned to look at the space beside her. Although he couldn't see it, Lisa could see the cold energy. "You take this...go back and be careful when you're home. Don't talk to it while your home. After all, not everyone believes there are ghosts in this world."

  "I know la." Joohyun smiled sweetly. "I'll pay attention when I'm at home. I don't want to scare my mom."

  "Just know." Lisa nodded.

  Joohyun opened the door and got out of the car. Lisa was about to signal Tian Fei to drive the car into the yard, when he saw the girl suddenly look back in. She had a wrinkled face and looked at him at a loss.

  "What's wrong?" Lisa asked in surprise.

  "Third Brother, do you have any misunderstandings about me?" Joohyun asked.

  "Misunderstanding? No." Lisa blanked look at her.

  "You deliberately reminded me just now ah. I've been catching ghosts since I was eight years old. I have ten years of exorcism experience. How could I not be vigilant?" Joohyun's face was aggrieved as if he looked down on her and continued, "Why do you think I talked to this guy at the mall just now?" Joohyun pointed to the male ghost who was by her side. "That's because you're here ah, Third Brother."

  Lisa blinked doubtfully: "Because of me?"

  "Because you're here. So, when I speak, others will think I'm talking to you ah." Joohyun said naturally, "Otherwise I wouldn't have been like that."

  Joohyun often directly communicated with ghosts when she went out with her grandpa. Old Wu always mediated for her with outsiders, so they thought she was talking to her grandpa. Moreover, Joohyun's character was already strange. She was short-tempered and ghosts easily stimulated her. When there was no one around, she remembered not to behave abnormally. However, once there was a trustworthy person around, it was easy for her to be impulsive. Especially when she met this male ghost with a cheap mouth.

  "So that's why ah." For some reason, Lisa suddenly felt a little happy.

  "But I also have some problems. My grandfather reminded me before that I need to stop being short-tempered and change it," Joohyun said with annoyance.

  "It's okay, you're still young, it's normal." Lisa saw the usually sunny little girl was frowning and couldn't help but gently comfort her.

  "I'll try my best to change it. But if I don't, then Third Brother, I can only ask you to continue helping me cover it up," Joohyun cheekily asked.

  "Okay." Lisa nodded with a smile.

  "Then I'm leaving. Goodbye Third Brother." Joohyun smiled and waved her hand.