Chapter 7

In the study room on the second floor, Lisa took the compass passed by his assistant and looked carefully at it, his brows frowning slightly.

"Third young master, I think we need to re-investigate this Joohyun." Lisa's third assistant, Cheng Peng, said seriously.

Lisa didn't speak, still looking at the compass in his hand. The pure black compass wasn't big, it was more or less the size of a palm, lying quietly on his hand, it looked nothing special.

"Third young master?" Cheng Peng asked Lisa again when he found that he didn't reply.

Lisa put the compass in his hand on the table, looked up and asked Cheng Peng, "I remember, the old man who raised the girl was a half-immortal, right?"

When Joohyun first appeared in the small courtyard, He Qi, one of the assistants reported to Lisa about Joohyun's life experience, however, He Qi told him that the old man was a Paranormal Fraud, not a half immortal.

"Yes."

"Then... she having this compass is also reasonable, right?" Lisa continued to ask.

"Yes, but..." Cheng Peng said his suspicion, "The compass is a metaphysical thing after all, Joohyun had only been back for three days, but she had been coming over here with the compass two times already. Tonight, she secretly buried the compass under the courtyard wall, she must have a purpose for doing this."

"What purpose?" Lisa asked.

"I don't understand about metaphysical thing, but there's a formation arranged by Master Mao in the courtyard, which may be related to this." Cheng Peng doubted.

"You're saying... that this Chen family's little girl wants to destroy the formation?" Lou Min looked with a little surprise.

Cheng Peng nodded.

"What would happen if the formation were broken?" Lisa began to make hypothesis about this, but he can't visualize anything.

Thinking of the result, Lisa's expression started to become desolate, but there was also a trace of relief mixed inside.

"Third young master!" Cheng Peng felt a little distressed when he noticed the change in Lisa's mood. He wanted to comfort him but couldn't find any word to say, in the end, he can only make a promise, "With us here, we will never let anyone destroy the formation in this yard."

Lisa realized that he lost himself for a bit, he quickly adjusted his mind and smiled slightly towards Cheng Peng, "No need to be so nervous, if the formation is broken, Master Mao will naturally come and repair it again, actually, this isn't a big deal."

"How could it not be a big deal? Now that Master Mao is abroad, he won't be able to come here in just an hour and a half, and the evil spirits inside Young master's body is really unstable." Cheng Peng was agitated, "If you suddenly lose control..."

When Cheng Peng mentioned 'out of control', his hands clenched into fists, and the muscles on his face trembled.

"Lose control ah..." Lisa was unconcerned, "Then I'd have to trouble you."

Cheng Peng who was originally still able to control himself, when he heard Lisa's words, he suddenly turned around and walked away, "I'm going to bring Joohyun here now."

"Stop." Lisa immediately shouted to Cheng Peng.

"Third young master." Cheng Peng turned around, a look of stubbornness painted his face. He knew that he was agitated, but when he thought of the consequences if Third young master lose control, Cheng Peng suddenly felt that he couldn't bear it.