Chapter 116

In the living room of the Chen residence.

Although the guard carrying the gun has gone to the door, the atmosphere inside the house was still quite tense. No, not only tense, but also strange.

Mayor Chen was sitting on the sofa opposite Lisa. He has been in politics for dozens of years, yet he couldn't calm down at the moment.

Who was Lisa? Wasn't he the youngest son of Minister Lou? Yes, but his identity wasn't enough to make Mayor Chen so shocked. What shocked him was Lisa himself.

Lisa, the youngest scientist in China, started designing weapons at the age of fifteen, and became the first weapon design expert in the Ministry of National Defense at the age of eighteen. In only three years, he made China's combat readiness leap to the top of the world and had remained there ever since. It was once asserted that as long as Lisa was around, China's position as one of leading powers in the world would remain unshakable.

What did that mean? It meant that the country would pay any cost to protect Lisa.

Mayor Chen had no objection to this, but if what the man wanted was his silly young daughter who they finally found and who only returned home for a year...

"Lisa, have some fruit," Mother Chen said and politely handed over the fruit plate in her hand.

"Thank you, Aunt Chen." Lisa took it with both hands. He politely picked up a cut orange from the fruit plate and ate it.

"You..." Mayor Chen frowned and asked in an unkind tone, "How did you and Irin know each other?"

"Irin and I have known each other for a long time," Lisa replied with a smile.

"Right. The day Irin came back, you even had Assistant He drop by to deliver a gift." Because it was the first day that her daughter was found, Mother Chen remembered it vividly.

Lisa smiled and nodded.

"What my father means is, how did you and Irin see each other again after you came back?" Chen Yang, who bore the same expression as his father, couldn't help but add.

No way. His mother was already enticed by Lisa's beauty. Then, things could only rely on them, father and son.

Lisa turned his head and looked at Chen Yang. When Chen Yang locked eyes with Lisa, he unconsciously straightened his spine, feeling inexplicably nervous.

"When Imperial Capital University opened, I attended the opening ceremony," Lisa returned.

So early?

The people in the living room were talking when a series of hurried footsteps suddenly rang out from the second floor.

Father Chen's expression drastically changed.

Chen Yang's eyebrows were knitted.

Mother Chen turned her head and looked at the stairway.

Lisa looked overjoyed. He turned toward the stairs along with everyone's eyes. He knew that this movement was a sign of sleepy Irin who had woken up.

Sure enough...

Two seconds later, Lisa saw Joohyun running down the stairs in a cartoon pajama with disheveled hair. When Joohyun saw Lisa sitting in the living room at a glance, she broke into a smile, and then rushed into Lisa's arms through the tight encirclement of the Chen family.

"Third Brother, I'm sorry. I overslept." Joohyun softly apologized. It sounded more like a pout.

"Did you stay up late last night to review?" Lisa noticed Mayor Chen and Big Brother Chen's unkind gaze and let go of Joohyun unnoticeably, allowing Irin to sit beside him.