Chapter 24

When Joohyun limped downstairs the next morning, it frightened her whole family.

Mother Chen asked nervously, "Irin, what happened to your feet?"

"It's okay, it's okay." Joohyun couldn't hop on one foot while wearing slippers, so she had to walk down slowly step by step while holding on the railing. "When I went to the toilet last night, I accidentally broke my cup and stepped on the glass."

To make her lie more plausible, Joohyun had reluctantly thrown the glass cup in her room.

"What? Your feet was pricked by glass, quick, let mom see it, aiya, don't go down the stairs, Chen Yang, go and help your sister down." Mother Chen shrieked, her voice even went up an octave.

"It's fine, it's fine..." During Joohyun's flurry of 'it's fine', Chen Eldest Brother already walked over and carried her from the stairs to the sofa.

Joohyun silently looked back on the remaining three steps down the stairs, it really was unnecessary, really!

"Let me see if the injury is serious." Mother Chen bent down to look at her daughter's feet.

"It's not serious, I already bandaged it." Joohyun quickly took out her feet from her slippers and presented them to the three anxious Chen family.

Mother Chen saw that her daughter's feet had indeed been bandaged, at the same time, she also felt a burst of sadness as her tears started to fall.

Chen Yang frowned, stepping back with a flat expression.

When Joohyun saw her mother suddenly shed tears, she panicked and quickly comforted her, "Mom, mom, I'm fine, I'm really fine, it's just a small cut and there's no blood, it'll be fine after two days, don't cry ah."

"My poor daughter." Mother Chen said with a grieving face, "Did you also treat your injuries alone before? Irin, you have to remember that you're at home now. You have dad and mom, there's also a brother who loves you, you have to tell us if you get hurt in the future, okay? Don't hide and treat your wounds silently, mother feels distressed looking at you like this."

How come I became someone who treats her wounds all alone? Why did it so sound heart-rending?

Joohyun looked at her elder brother for help, only to find him already hiding himself.

Joohyun turned her head to look at her father, only to find Mayor Chen covering himself with this morning's newspaper while stealing glances.

They were obviously around her just a moment ago, how come they hid away in the blink of an eye?

Indeed, it's better to help yourself than ask for help from others, Joohyun could only use a pitiful tone to interrupt a grieving Mother Chen to divert her attention, "Mom, I'm hungry."

"Hungry? Quickly have breakfast if you're hungry. You're injured, so we have to take care of you, I'll ask Aunt Liu to cook chicken soup for you at noon." As soon as Mother Chen heard that her daughter was hungry, she immediately stopped crying and walked quickly to the kitchen, "I'm going to tell Aunt Liu."

After Mother Chen left, the three people in the living room all breathed a sigh of relief.

Mayor Chen met his daughter's accusing eyes, folded the newspaper calmly and stood up, "Chen Yang, bring your sister to eat." After speaking, he walked towards the dining room rather hastily.

Unable to capture Mayor Chen, Joohyun had to interrogate her scoundrel brother, "Why didn't you help just now?"

"It's not me who made her cry." Chen Yang threw the pot directly back.