Chapter 108

"Who are you?" The feeling of seeing a person who looked almost identical to her yet completely different was somewhat fantastic.

"Didn't you already guess?" The woman smiled faintly, with a charming smile deep in her eyes. It gave Joohyun the illusion that she could be so beautiful.

"Are you my past life, or my past life's memories?" Joohyun asked.

"I am the memory of your previous life. My name is Qing Ling, and the title granted to me is Ling Ji," the woman replied.

"Qing Ling? Ling Ji?" Joohyun's eyes widened as she looked at the hairpin in the woman's bun. "Do the Green Spirit Hairpin(Qing Ling Hairpin) and the Ling Ji sword both belong to you?"

"Yes." Ling Ji nodded, "The Ling Ji Sword was given to me by my father on my thirteenth birthday, and I was granted the title, Princess Ling Ji. I was allowed to use the sword to protect the peace of my country."

When Ling Ji mentioned protecting her country, a trace of melancholy flashed in her eyes. After a pause, she continued, "The Green Spirit Hairpin is a token of love that Feng Luo gave me. It was carved from a ten-thousand-year-old imperial jade, a jewel fetched from the East Sea."

"Feng Luo? Third Brother's past life?" Joohyun looked at Princess Ling Ji in disbelief, "So it turns out that my Third Brother and I were a couple in our previous life."

"Do you like your Third Brother?" Princess Ling Ji asked suddenly.

"Yes." Joohyun nodded her head without hesitation.

Seeing the bright twinkle in Joohyun's eyes when she replied, Princess Ling Ji smiled again, a warm and pure smile.

"You must also like Feng Luo very much, right?" Joohyun recalled that people in the ancient times got married early, so she blushingly asked, "Then were you married?"

Princess Ling Ji was stunned for a moment. Seeing Joohyun's shy blush, she guessed what she wanted to ask. Nevertheless, she smiled and asked, "What do you want to ask?"

"It's... Uhm..." Joohyun's face turned even redder. Just the thought that Feng Luo was her Third Brother's past life, and Princess Ling Ji was her own; if they got married, it would be equivalent to her and her Third Brother... Oh, my! My face feels so hot.

"We did not get married." Perceiving Joohyun's shyness, Princess Ling Ji decided to stop teasing her.

"Huh?" Joohyun made no secret of her surprise.

"Want to hear our story?" Ling Ji asked out of the blue.

"Hmm." Joohyun had a vague conjecture. Perhaps Princess Ling Ji's memory was kept until now in order to tell her the story between them.

Princess Ling Ji began to slowly recall: "I was originally the youngest princess of the Ye State. Feng Luo was a young Celestial Master who went down the mountains for training. That year, Feng Luo encountered a Ghost King that devoured people's souls overnight. In order not to hurt the souls of the people devoured by the Ghost King once Feng Lou killed it, he came to the palace at midnight and borrowed the Ling Ji Sword from me."

"When I first saw him, he was a young man wearing white clothes, and with black hair. His eyes were also clear. He stood in front of the corridor in the moonlight, like a pearl, a jade, a banished immortal..."

"Princess, can I borrow your sword?" The young Feng Luo slightly leaned forward and bowed to the princess.

"Borrow it for what?" The young lady inched closer and asked. She had never seen such a good-looking little brother.