Chapter 20

At the Chen family's dinner table, Mother Chen looked at her son who was gorging himself in distress. She personally filled a bowl of chicken soup, handed it to her son, and said, "You haven't had a good meal in the past few weeks. How many times have I told you- no matter how busy you are on the case, you need to remember to eat."

  "I know." Chen Yang raised his head and smiled at his mother.

  Mayor Chen knew his son was busy during right now with the case, so he asked, "How's the case going?"

  "It was transferred to the Special Operations team," Chen Yang replied.

  "Special Operations team?" Mayor Chen was surprised. "So, it was handed over quickly?"

  The Special Operations team was specially used to investigate cases that were unsolvable for years. In fact, it was said that if a case was transferred to the Special Operations team, the case would be closed.

  Mayor Chen strongly disagreed with this practice, but the Special Operations team was directly under the leadership of the Central Committee. Thus, Mayor Chen couldn't refute, even if he disagreed.

  "Yeah ah. It was suddenly announced this morning." Chen Yang really didn't understand. His team members worked hard for nearly a month. Although they had no clues, the case had only been investigated for one month. Thus, everyone naturally wasn't reconciled to it being declared an unsolvable case.

  Mayor Chen frowned, and his eating slowed.

  Mother Chen said with some displeasure, "Don't talk about the case while eating. Quickly eat."

  Mayor Chen suddenly returned to his senses. After eating two mouthfuls of rice, he looked at his daughter and softly said, "Irin, try not to go out alone during this time."

  "En?" Joohyun, who was eating, raised her head a little puzzled.

  "Yes," Chen Yang echoed. "Eight people have died in a row within a month. There are still no clues on the murderer. Irin, when you go out, try to be with your classmates."

  "Eight people?" Mother Chen was surprised and said, "So many?" Mother Chen already knew that her son was investigating a murder case, but she didn't know that so many people had died and there still weren't any clues on who the murderer was.

  "Was there anything in common with the dead?" Mayor Chen couldn't help but ask again.

  "No." Chen Yang said, "Some of them suddenly collapsed while eating in a restaurant, while some fell on their way to work in the morning. Others didn't wake up when they were sleeping at home at night. All of them were sudden deaths. But the autopsy report showed that they were in good health and weren't sick. If there was anything they had in common, three of the eight dead were born in the same year, same month, and same day."

  "What day?" Mayor Chen asked.

  "July 7, 3028," Chen Yang replied.

  "Yin year, yin month and yin day?" Joohyun suddenly said out loud, causing everyone at the dining table to look at her.

  "What did you say?" Chen Yang asked.

  "I mean it's a yin birth year, yin month and yin day." Joohyun explained to her puzzled family. She continued with a smile, "When I was a child, grandpa always took me out to do things for others. I've seen a lot of things and know the meanings of the date."

  Chen Yang looked back thoughtfully.

  Mother Chen saw that everyone stopped eating again and urged again, "Okay, okay. Don't talk about the case, eat quickly. Irin, don't go out alone in the future, okay?"