Chapter 8

In a few days, the Imperial University was about to open. According to Joohyun's plan, she had registered at the university earlier at this time, so when she returned back to the Chen family, she didn't need to be so anxious about it.

"Irin ah, are you going to live in campus, or are you going to live at home?" Mother Chen asked at breakfast.

Joohyun naturally wanted to live in school, but when she turned her head and looked at Mother Chen's expression, her mouth suddenly couldn't speak.

"Of course she would live on campus." Mayor Chen noticed her daughter's difficulty and said to help, "University is the right time to make friends, if she lives at home, there will be less time to interact with her classmates."

"That's right ah." Mother Chen could also understand it, but she felt that she had just found her lost daughter for a few days before she had to leave the house again, of course her heart would feel reluctant.

"Mom." Joohyun comforted, "My school isn't far away, I'll come back here every weekend in the future. If you miss me, you can come to school to find me."

"Alright, alright, then you have to return home every weekend ah."

"En." Joohyun nodded heavily at Mother Chen, letting her felt happy.

Sure enough, a daughter is the intimate little cotton padded jacket, Mayor Chen comfortably ate an extra bun and turned to her son, "You also will come back every weekend in the future."

"I'll come back if there's no other plan." Chen Yang was a policeman. After graduating from police school, he directly entered the Criminal Police Brigade. He often lived in the dormitory for work convenience and rarely returned home. This time, he took a long vacation because he had to take Joohyun back, but he soon had to go back to work again.

"En." Mayor Chen also understood the nature of his son's work and didn't force him.

Joohyun waited until Father Chen had more or less done with his meal before she hesitantly asked what he thought about yesterday's matter, "Dad, can I ask you something?"

Mayor Chen gave a surprise look at Joohyun, this was the first time that she took the initiative to ask questions after she returned home, so he immediately became interested. He put down his chopsticks and looked at his daughter, asking gently, "What's the problem?"

"Just... do you know how much it costs to build a road on the mountain?" Joohyun blinked her big eyes and looked at Mayor Chen with expectation.

"Build road?" Mother Chen looked at her daughter with some puzzle, Chen Yang was also curious.

"Is it for Damu Village?" Although Mayor Chen didn't personally go to Damu Village to pick up his daughter, he knew the environment where Joohyun grew up clearly, so when Joohyun asked him how much money it would take to build a road, Mayor Chen immediately thought of Damu Village.

Chen Yang also guessed right, when he went to the mountain to find Joohyun, he can only arrive at Damu Village with a motorcycle after a long 10 hours of arduous ride, he knew the road condition clearly.

"En." Joohyun explained, "It takes too much effort to go to the city from Damu Village. When I was a kid, I went to school at the neighboring town, I had to get up at five every morning and walked for two and a half hours to get there. Later, when I was in junior high and high school, I had to live in school, and I could only go back once a month."

"Actually, Damu Village is still very close to the urban area, with several mountains in between. The village chief said that as long as Panshan Highway is repaired, people in Damu Village will be able to get in and out easily, and the people in the village can live a better life." Joohyun said, "And, don't people in the city like to travel now? The scenery of our Damu Village is particularly good, perhaps, we'd be able to develop the tourism there."