Chapter 45

Due to the fatal blow yesterday, Joohyun didn't want to go to Third Brother's house anymore. As soon as she stepped into his house, she would think of Assistant Tian, whenever she thought of Assistant Tian, she would think of the blue and white porcelain, and whenever she thought of the blue and white porcelain, she would think of the thirty million.

Thirty million, aaaah!!!

Joohyun was heart-broken and didn't sleep well at night.

"Go to sleep if you're sleepy." Mother Chen couldn't help saying when she saw her daughter sitting on the sofa and yawning.

"Although Daddy wants you to get good grades on your exams, you shouldn't study until so late." Mayor Chen obviously misunderstood that his daughter stayed up late to study because of what he said during dinner yesterday.

"No, no, the exams aren't that difficult, I didn't study last night." Joohyun explained, "I just didn't sleep well."

Hearing Joohyun say she didn't sleep well last night, Chen Yang who was sitting to the side looking at his phone suddenly raised his head. He glanced at Joohyun's tired face, frowned, and began to blame himself.

Could it be what I said yesterday was too stressful?

"Go to bed if you didn't sleep well." Mother Chen said.

"I just finished eating, can't go to bed yet, ah. I'll watch some TV and go to bed at 8.30." Joohyun said.

"That's right, it's easy to gain weight if you sleep right after eating, and it's also not good for your stomach." Mother Chen thought about it and didn't force Joohyun to go to bed anymore.

A tourist ad was being shown on TV. It was for a resort island located in a subtropical region. The white sandy beach and blue sparkling water looked clean and beautiful.

Mother Chen's eyes lit up, she turned and asked Joohyun, "Irin, have you been to the beach?"

"No." Joohyun shook her head.

"Then, after your exams are finished, how about Mother take you on a vacation?" Mother Chen pointed to the TV and said, "What do you think of this place?"

Joohyun turned to look at the TV, she was also attracted by the bright and clean sea shown on it, but then she thought that she should use her winter vacation to upgrade her Supernatural website account to level A, so she shook her head at the end and said, "Not going."

"Why?" Mother Chen was a little lost.

Chen family's father and son were also a little surprised. Has Irin still not integrated into the family that she wouldn't even go on vacation with them?

"My spoken English isn't good, wait until I can speak properly, then can we go?" Joohyun made an excuse.

"Yes, yes, Mother will accompany you whenever you want to go." Mother Chen heard Joohyun's reason and immediately agreed.

After hearing this reason, Chen family's father and son's expressions also relaxed. It turned out she was afraid her spoken English wasn't good enough, although Irin never said it, her self-esteem has always been strong.

Therefore, the topic of going on a trip was left behind. Chen Yang continued to text, Mayor Chen continued to watch the news on his tablet, and Mother Chen and Joohyun sat on the sofa to watch TV together. Although everyone did different things, the atmosphere in the living room was exceptionally harmonious.

Completely different from this harmonious atmosphere was Qi Changming. He wore a Taoist robe and sat cross-legged in the middle of the Yin Yang diagram.