Chapter 56

Joohyun ran away in a flash, leaving a bunch of dumbfounded people in the square.

Although Joohyun was going back to eat lobster, she still did not forget her business. She first asked Pan Feng park at the entrance of the Pegasus Park, and then let him wait in the car before going into the park grove alone.

"Celestial Master Chen." When Xiang Nan saw Joohyun appear, he folded his hands and gave her a deep bow.

Joohyun frowned but did not dodge. After Xiang Nan straightened up, she said: "I helped you just now, firstly because they took Xiao Kang, and secondly because I hate Liu Xiucheng. However, this doesn't mean that I'll continue to help you in the future."

"I understand." Xiang Nan nodded with understanding. Besides, he had no intention of letting anyone else interfere with his affairs.

"Celestial Master Chen, I..." Lecherous Ghost was about to speak when Joohyun suddenly spoke up and interrupted.

"I will now open the Ghost Gate and send you to the underworld." Joohyun raised her hand and beckoned the compass out. The compass flew out and opened the Ghost Gate not far in front of Lecherous Ghost.

Joohyun now felt awful, as a vague sense of bondage surrounded her heart. She knew that this was her involvement in Xiang Nan and the Liu family's affairs.

"I..."

"Get going," Xiang Nan suddenly spoke out to urge the two ghosts.

"Xiang Nan?" Lecherous Ghost looked at Xiang Nan uneasily. She could go to reincarnation with ease, but now that there were so many people waiting to deal with Xiang Nan, how could she leave without worry?

"Haven't we all agreed before?" Xiang Nan hesitated and then added, "Besides, I won't be implicated only if you leave."

Lecherous Ghost froze. Sorrow welled up in her, but she knew Xiang Nan was right. Previously, Qi Changming wouldn't have captured Xiang Nan and nearly refined him into a Ghost King if not for Xiao Kang. If it weren't for her, too, Xiang Nan would have left the square earlier.

Xiang Nan is right, without me and Xiao Kang, nobody will drag him down.

"Okay, I'll go with Xiao Kang." Lecherous Ghost held Xiao Kang's hand and walked to the Ghost Gate. With a faint smile, she said, "I heard other lonely ghosts say before that civil service exams can also be taken in the underworld. I'll go there and study hard to pass the exam. And then ... I'll wait for you to find me."

"..." Xiang Nan's heart and soul shuddered. He stared at the Lecherous Ghost with a complicated expression.

Lecherous Ghost returned it with a smile. Afterward, she lowered her head to Xiao Kang and said, "Say goodbye to Brother Xiang Nan."

"Brother, goodbye," Xiao Kang waved his hand obediently.

Xiang Nan nodded and watched with rapt attention as the two turned and stepped into the Ghost Gate, disappearing into the green path of light.

He did so until the Ghost Gate closed, and the compass fell back into Joohyun's hands.

"They will have a good birth in the next life, right?" Xiang Nan suddenly asked.

"Xiao Kang died young in this life and carries the light of merit and virtue. He will have a good birth in the next life." Joohyun returned, "As for Lecherous Ghost, didn't she say she wanted to wait for you?"

Xiang Nan was stunned, and he didn't speak again.

Joohyun put away the compass and said, "I reminded you before that the Yin Qi on you is too strong. With the soul chain before, it wasn't that obvious. Now that the soul chain is no longer suppressing you, if you stay in a place where there are too many strangers with your Yin Qi, you can easily cause changes in the surrounding Qi field."