003| 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘵

    The constant beeping made Corey annoyed as he looked at the broken television in front of him

    The constant beeping made Corey annoyed as he looked at the broken television in front of him. He could hear the soft hum of static escaping it as he held onto the beaten remote. The buttons mashed by many fingers before him, he sighed deeply.

"This is fucking dumb!" he put the remote down huffing as he looked outside the window. He could see the news vans right outside, a few leaving every so often whenever they'd get impatient.

Along the hospital hallway, a figure emerged along the shadows as it tiptoed towards the boys room. Outside a man sat, his eyes gazing deeply at a newspaper as he hums along to whatever music he had stuck along his mind.

His foot tapped along the floor and then his walkie-talkie went off. The static of it making him look away from the newspaper.

"This is officer Grimes, what can I do for you?" it was silent and then a voice went through. "We got a situation at the Prescott residence, need you to check it out for us".

The man stood up walking off down the hallway, once out of sight the door creaked open. Corey sighed deeply "please tell me you're gonna fix this damn television, I'm bored outta my mind".

His eyes locked with the mask, the figure charging at him. The sharp end of the knife slicing Corey's wrist as he dodged out of the way.

"Ah fuck!" he slammed into the ground hissing as he pushed himself back into the wall. The figure swung the knife at him, and Corey kicked at the figures stomach making him fly back.

"Not this time fucker!" he stood up off the ground groaning as he moved forward slowly. He pulled the door open limping into the hallway.

The figure appeared behind him grabbing hold of his hair harshly. He felt the pressure of fingers jabbing into his skull making him yelp.

He groaned when he was thrown into the wall, his eyes glared into the mask. The figure taunting him as they twirled the knife along there gloves hand.

The goal here must've been to simply scare him, the man didn't cut him again. At least anything damaging, it was like a message being written.

Corey leaned into the wall, the warmth of blood seeping out of his wrist making him uncomfortable. "Come on asshole! Thought you were all big and bad! You gutted my sister! Now you're fucking toying with me! Just get it over with already, stop being a coward! Show your face or just kill me!".

The knife stabbed the wall beside his head, he felt the sharp end of it cut slightly at the tip of his earlobe. He moved to the side, he felt the rage deep within emerged to the surface.

He kicked his knee forward ignoring the pain it caused his bones. The figure hunched over as they fell to there knees. Like a madman, Corey pulled the knife out of the wall stabbing the figures shoulder. He felt the flesh tearing as he punched the figure with all his strength.

He groaned as he moved forward his fingers wrapping around the cloth material surrounding the mask. Before he could pull the mask off and see who was hidden beneath the mask.

He was punched, his body aching as he fell towards the ground. The figure let out a loud sound of rage as they kicked him in the face.

His eyes rolled into the back of his skull as he landed harshly on the cold floor. The figure grabbed the knife off the ground, the blade dripping with blood as they looked down at Corey.

The sound of movement down the hallway made the figure disappear into the shadows once more.

It seemed like the outside world was growing bigger by the day, each person grew in size. Camera after camera appeared in every single window, every corner of the world. Corey couldn't escape it, not now even as he was driven to the police station.

Everything felt so different, each person he saw was someone he knew could be the one after him. That damn mask was engraved into his eyelids. Every time he'd close them, the mask appeared.

He sat in the back of the police car. His hands deep within his jacket pockets as he looked at the vans full of people. Each desperate to see him, ask away every single question they wanted answered.

He felt the nerves within his body twitch awake the second he got closer to the station. He wish he had been killed, so he wouldn't have to face this.

They'd rip away at his flesh and he wouldn't escape. The car came to a halt, and the officer was a nice man. Someone who seemed annoyed by the people surrounding the car.

Corey could hear the questions already, the loud screaming of voices pounding away into his ears. The door was opened slowly, the officer smiling at him with a smile that said "sorry kid".

Corey blinked, his body aching as he limped forward beside the officer. He ignored the bright camera lights that flashed photos of him. The crowds that emerged from the shadows as they shouted at him.

"Corey! Is it true the killer is after you! Who killed your sister! Are they going to attack again!".

He felt his body wearing down, the officer held onto his back leading him towards the entrance way of the station. Something inside him snapped, like a twig along the cold forest floor.

His gaze grew cold, his entire posture giving way as he turned around. He ignored the protests of the officer behind him, the loud voice of Dewey as he appeared at the front door.

He walked toward the crowd of people, his entire face full of rage. "Is this what you people want! Huh! Want me to fucking give into your little cameras! Want me to tell you about my experience!".

The lights grew brighter as he snatched a microphone out of a woman's hands. "Is that what this is all about! Feeding into your little obsession of news? Of stories about people who've suffered!".

The crowd grew silent "my sister was murdered! and while you mother fuckers are standing out here trying to ruin my life, the killer is still running around trying to finish what they started. You want a story, something to tell the world about. Look in the mirror, think to yourself, if you are really helping people, because you sure as shit ain't helping me. Point your dumb cameras somewhere else. There's no story here, so fuck off!".

He dropped the microphone, kicking it angrily into the road as he marched towards the door. Dewey looked at him with a look of surprise and sadness.

Corey huffed as he angrily walked past Billy Loomis, unaware the boy was smirking at him.