024| 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘺

 The drive over to the station was quiet Corey tapped his fingers along the window

The drive over to the station was quiet Corey tapped his fingers along the window. His gaze looking over the people passing by and the endless line of cars. "So, why do you think someone's doing all of this? I mean why now?".

Corey sighed "I'm not sure Sid, when I heard about Cotton, part of me was hoping maybe it was just a freak accident. But once the others started dying... you can understand how worried I was".

Sidney parked the car "hey, we're gonna survive this, we always do and there's no way I'm gonna let this fucker beat us". Corey grabbed a hold of her hand "Sid, I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise".

She smiled at him as she opened the door the duo walked inside of the station. Sidney smiled at the sight of Dewey the man running towards her.

He hugged her "what are you doing down here?" She let out a sigh "actually, what was I doing up there?". The man looked at Corey smiling at him "it's nice to see you're alright Dewey, I was worried when I saw the news about Jennifer's house".

"Oh yeah, I'm alright and you know Gale. It'd take a direct hit to take her down". Sidney looked around the building "so the news said this was the precinct, Corey told me about the lead detective on the case, who's this guy Kincaid?".

Dewey gripped Sidney's hand "come here" they stood in the corner whispering to each other as Corey walked into the back. He let out a soft hum and he leaned into the wall.

"Detective Kincaid?" the man turned and frowned at Dewey "there's someone here who wants to help". Sidney walked inside smiling awkwardly, Corey moved away from the wall.

"I'm just here for moral support" Gale smiled brightly "oh my god, Sidney!" the two woman hugged tightly and Sidney smiled "hi, Gale I'm glad you're all right".

Corey hugged the woman next "you look amazing Corey, when's the last time we saw each other". The boy grinned "my wedding, but hey you're a busy woman, and I'm a busy man.. it's the thought that counts these days".