025| 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬

    It was silent aside from the light patches of rain that tugged away at the window

It was silent aside from the light patches of rain that tugged away at the window. The door creaked open and Corey walked slowly, a smile on his lips as he held onto the plate. Roman moved slightly his eyes opening when someone touched his shoulder.

"Huh?" the man turned his eyes widening "happy birthday! come on make a wish!" Corey smiled brightly as he handed the man the cupcake.

The candy lit and bright as the man let out a light chuckle "babe, you didn't have to do all of this for me, not like we would do anything exciting today".

Corey sat down "I can think of many things we can do today, but first blow out the candle and don't try to make an excuse not to Rome". The boy blew the candle out and grinned "you know I'm not fond of my birthday, but gosh you make me look forward to it every year".

Corey kissed the man, he moved back "just means it's another year we have together, I was thinking next year we go to Hawaii or something, that way you can pretend it's a vacation and not your birthday. But hey it's just an idea".

Corey stood up off the bed "I like that idea, anyone ever tell you how amazing you are?". Corey chuckled "just you, come on get dressed".

Corey laughed loudly when Roman picked him up dropping him down onto the bed. "Let's stay here for a little while longer Mr.Becker!".

Corey grinned as he gripped the man's shoulders "oh you know how much I enjoy you saying that Mr. Bridger" Roman smirked "you're toying with my heart here Corey. You're gonna be the death of me one of these days".

Corey smiled as he gripped the man's cheek, pushing his hair back slightly "hey can you promise me something Rome". The man nodded as he looked down at Corey "promise me you won't leave me, that if all of this goes downhill, and if that asshole somehow comes after you...".

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere and I can promise you that I'll be in your life forever". Corey smiled sadly "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you, you're all I have left, I don't think I'd ever be the same without you beside me".