068| bargaining

"Mrs. Prescott... you need to understand something really important here, your husband has gone through a lot in his life, it's possible he's just not ready to move on yet, it's been five years since the accident and he's blaming himself for what happened. He thinks he left you here all alone".

Sidney smiled sadly "but he doesn't have to feel that way, I've tried my best to help him be his old self. Old routines are back in motion but he's different, more distant and he hasn't spoken much since his voice came back. I'm scared he's depressed".

The woman hummed slightly as she looked at the notepad on her lap "he's prone to it, he's had long terms of mental illness, ptsd has been diagnosed not very long ago and he's suffering very intense episodes of anxiety and paranoia. It's possible he hasn't let go of the accident yet, Mark did a number on him and it'll take time before he's better".

Sidney sighed "I just want my husband to be happy again, I hate seeing him like this. He's so cold and distant and I have no idea what I'm doing half the time. The kids have been trying to help but it's like he doesn't even recognize them and the nightmares are getting worse for him".

Sidney looked at the clock, she could hear the loud tick it made as she ran her hand over her pant leg nervously. "Corey will get better with time and if he doesn't maybe it's time you consider that he's just a different person, and nothings wrong with that".

Sidney bit her lip slightly as she held in her tears "I just want my husband back, I thought with him being awake it'd feel better, but everything's just worse and I have no idea what I'm doing anymore".

"Well why don't you ask Corey what he wants to do for once? Perhaps he's searching for a sense of familiarity in all of this change. I want you to go home and speak with him about what you're feeling in this time of difficulty. He will understand and I can assure you he will understand your concerns".

He sat alone, his eyes felt so dazed as he watched the sky pass along the horizon. His body relaxed into the stone beneath him as his feet floated along the cold water. Woodsboro felt different, he didn't recognize this home and he definitely didn't remember having a pool in his backyard. This place was always so empty and full of old dusty lawn chairs and tables.

Now he was greeted by a big pool and a shed full of things he didn't own before. Maybe he did but part of him couldn't remember what life was like before this. He blinked as he looked at the water slightly, he used to be scared of swimming at one point.

His entire body would freeze and in a panic he'd float until he felt the safety of his parents arms. He stopped breathing in those moments and he would remember the look of panic that emerged on his mothers face.

He didn't remember the last time he spoke with his mother, nor his father for that matter. The last time he saw them they looked so miserable and sad. They sent him off to college and then he never saw them again, now for some reason they were present.

They had never visited him before, yet somehow they had spent these last five years seeing his kids. He would've felt upset about it but he didn't feel anything anymore, he felt numb and isolated.

He inhaled slightly before he stood up at the distant sound of Sidney's voice calling him for dinner. Today wasn't the happiest day of his life, he hated birthdays and he definitely hated his more. He'd rather spend it alone and away from Sidney and his kids.

But he didn't wanna disappoint anyone, he was just glad it would only be them and no one else. He didn't want a cake or presents or even a stupid birthday hat, he just wanted to pretend to care enough.