004| 𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴

   The inside of the police station was so quiet, he enjoyed the silence as he sat inside the cold room

The inside of the police station was so quiet, he enjoyed the silence as he sat inside the cold room. The table beneath him was smooth beneath his fingers as he waited for an officer to enter.

Sidney Prescott sat beside him, she was attacked and he understood now. This wasn't just about him, it was about Sidney too. He leaned back into the chair, ignoring the hardness of it against his back.

"You alright? I heard you were attacked at the hospital" he turned his gaze meeting Sidney's. "Yeah I'm alright, I honestly think they didn't wanna kill me, at least not yet anyways. They're dragging it out, trying to scare me".

He sighed deeply and Sidney smiled sadly "I just don't understand why they're after us, it doesn't make any sense". Deep down inside she knew why, her mother. It seemed everything was coming to taunt her all over again.

Corey tapped at the desk "they just want me dead, I was a witness to Casey's murder, I hurt them, which pissed them off enough to want me dead".

He was simply just a target for fun at this rate, the killer had no desire to kill him. It was like a sick twisted game, one second Corey could be alive and then the next he'd be in a box alongside his sister.

He hummed slightly boredom hitting him as he thought about his sister. "I betcha it was Stu who did it, mother fucker used to date my sister, he had a motive to kill her, then again it could be a reach. Maybe her boyfriend had a secret mingle and they got jealous, or maybe it's that creepy boyfriend of yours, didn't he have a phone?".

Sidney sighed "they didn't find any calls on it to my house or yours, it couldn't have been him anyways, he was with me that night it happened. Stu was with Tatum so it's definitely not him either, besides the guy can barely handle a fight, I doubt he'd be running around trying to kill someone".

Corey scoffed "well whoever it is, they got a fresh wound on there shoulder, maybe check that idiot of a boyfriends of yours. Maybe he hates me or something, or is just psycho".

"It couldn't have been Billy, he was here practically all day, police were questioning him". Corey stood up "well whoever it is, they got some scars, so I'd keep an eye out for some".

Corey opened the door "hey! Is anyone gonna question me? I'm dying to get outta here". Dewey appeared in front of him "you'll be riding back to my house, just a few more minutes. Waiting on the okay from the boss".

Corey sat back down rubbing at his eyes as he leaned into the cold table. "I hate police stations. It's like they expect me to sit here and wait".

Sidney seemed on edge as she sat completely still, this whole thing was making her slowly go paranoid. Whoever was doing this, they would come back and try killing her.

"Do you think this person will get away with this?" Corey looked at Sidney as the door opened. "I think they'll be caught, they always slip up".

He stood up following Dewey outside Sidney and Tatum slightly behind them. He couldn't see the reporters and the bright lights anymore.

But he felt the presence of them, if he walked along the sidewalk and turned he'd see them. They would likely try getting answers out of him.

"I'll get the car. Wait here" Corey sighed as the man walked off. Then he saw her, and he looked at her with such annoyance.

"Hello Sidney, Corey" he glared holes into the woman's head as he sealed his lips shut. He refused to say anything, Gale Weathers wouldn't hear a single peep out of him.

"Some night. Are you alright?" the woman smiled like she enjoyed this moment. Having the two local teens together who were all over the news.

The two victims of a brutal attack, only Corey felt like should've died along his home land. Maybe the world would be better off if he wasn't still alive.

"What happened?" Corey sighed as he pressed his hands into his pocket. The cold air nipping away at his skin making him shiver as he waited for Dewey to appear with the car.

"She's not answering any questions. Just leave us alone, okay?". Corey grinned lightly "yeah Gale, get lost, we ain't telling you shit. Especially if you'll lie and make up stories... cause apparently my sister was a whore? Who got killed for it".

He felt that rage slipping into his veins, that damn mask was still inside his eyelids. He felt like he was going insane as he looked at the cameras surrounding him, the bright lights made his eyes sting as he pressed his fingernails into his flesh.

"How's the book?" Sidney's words entered the air and for a moment Corey had forgotten. This woman had always ruined Sidney's life with her books, her news and her overall lies.

"It'll be out later this year" Gale smiles her eyes full of such pride and confidence as she tightly grasp her microphone. Corey felt his heart picking up in pace, his eyes lingering along the trees behind Gale.

"I'll look for it" Corey moved back slightly his hands shaking as he pried them so far into his jacket. Aching for some comfort as he saw the figure disappear into the darkness.

He felt like he was being held at gunpoint, that the world around him was slowly coming to an end. Then the second Sidney punched Gale and he watched the woman smack down onto the sidewalk.

He saw her, his body felt like it was on fire as his sisters screams slammed into his eardrums. He could see the blood pouring out of her mouth, hear the screams and cries. Something inside of him snapped, his ears were ringing.

He didn't hear Dewey calling his name, nor see Sidney and Tatum get into the police car. There gazes watching him, as they waited for him to get into the car with them.

He was shaking and he couldn't escape that night it was infecting his mind. He felt the cold touch of someone, "Corey" his sisters voice slammed into his eardrums and he screamed.

Dewey jumped at the sudden action, he went to muster a word of concern or even comfort. But Corey had ran past him, right down the road and he disappeared into the darkness of the woods.

 But Corey had ran past him, right down the road and he disappeared into the darkness of the woods