026| 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯

   The entire room was silent, aside from a few whispers and the soft hum of footsteps along the ground

The entire room was silent, aside from a few whispers and the soft hum of footsteps along the ground. Corey felt the warmth of fingers wrapped around his hand, the coldness of needles sticking into his skin as door creaked open.

"How's he doing?" his fingers twitch slightly his eyes feeling heavy as the volume in the room got more louder and clearer. "Those assholes... they did a lot of damage on him, I found him when I got home, he was on the ground, and the bodies....".

Roman let out a shaky breath "they were everywhere, there was so much blood I... I don't even want to go back there. It was horrible".

Gale smiled sadly "so it appears the killer went after them, killed every single one of them.. but why leave Corey? Why not finish him off?".

Dewey looked at the boy "this is all about protecting Corey, we saw it ourselves the killer wants Corey to survive this, he's not gonna just kill him, unless he's waiting for the end".

Sidney looked like a wreak "this is my fault, I should've keep a closer eye on him, I called Tatum and Randy, they'll be here tomorrow morning".

Coreys eyes opened slowly, the bright light making his eyes burn slightly as he let out weak breaths. "He has a collapsed lung, a few broken ribs. His neck is pretty swollen right now, he got a few bruises on his body, cuts on his hands and cheek... doctors said he's lucky to be alive right now".

An intense wave of panic entered Corey's body when his eyes focused on the ceiling. The sense of deja vu entering his bones as he remembered the last time he was inside of a hospital room.

Roman winced when Corey's hold tightened on his hand the boy burst upward his body burning as he screamed out in a panic. "Shit, Corey!" the boys eyes were wide his body shaking as he looked around the room quickly.

"Corey, it's okay... you're safe" the boy flinched when hands touched his shoulder he let out a heavy breath as his eyes locked with Roman's.

"You're safe, It's me, breath Corey" the boys body settled down his breathing still slightly heavy as he gripped Roman's hand with determination.