022| 𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘩

   Corey couldn't sleep, he stared at the wall listening to the light snores of Roman

Corey couldn't sleep, he stared at the wall listening to the light snores of Roman. He sighed deeply as he sat up from the bed, putting on his shirt he walked out of the room nearing the kitchen.

He leaned into the counter pressing his hands into his face as he thought about his life. "Damn it" he smacked his hands against the counter he grabbed his phone out of his pocket.

He stared at it for a long time before he put it down on the counter. He sighed deeply as he opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of beer.

"Corey?" he jumped the bottle slipping out of his hands and against the floor. "Shit!" he hissed out in discomfort as the glass jabbed into his feet.

He smacked his head against the refrigerator door groaning as he rubbed at the sore flesh. "Roman, you scared the shit outta me!" the man walked towards him "I woke up and you were gone, just got worried you ran off or something".

Corey let out a weak laugh as he sat down on the counter "I was gonna get drunk, pretend my life isn't going down hill and that I'm okay".

He pressed his fingers into the shard of glass beneath his foot and pulled it out. He winced at the sting of it as the blood dropped onto the floor.

"Let me do that" Roman grabbed the broom cleaning up the broken bottle. Corey watched him with a light smile "hey thanks, for not thinking I'm crazy... Sarah, I don't blame her for thinking..".

Roman looked at him "she's lying! She's just scared and she took it out on the first person she could blame. What happened in your past is none of my business, and it's not hers either".

Corey pulled another shard of glass out of his foot "I used to think I'd never get this kind of life, one where I'm not being hunting down by some guy in a mask. One where I'm like all the people who don't have so many fucked up memories".

Roman grabbed a hold of his hands "hey, you still got that life.. no way am I letting some creep in a mask ruin what we got. It's you and me remember".

Corey grinned "you're cute when you're all motivational, maybe you're right... i think I'm just overthinking this entire situation, it's probably nothing, let's go back to bed".