062| pick one

a chilling shiver ran along the back of his neck when his eyes pushed themselves open. He felt the pressure of the chains digging into his wrists and ankles, it annoyed him. With a sharp exhale of air he pushed himself safely into the wall.

He groaned as he pressed his hands over his face, but then he frowned deeply when he heard whimpering. He looked up and the sound grew more intense as he walked forward. The chains made his wrists ache as he heard muffled shouts and screams.

He winced when the lights turned on, the room bright making him shield his eyes. He looked up his eyes widening at the sight in front of him.

"Gale..." he let out a shaky breath as he looked at the woman beside her "Tate..." he frowned deeply as he looked around the room.

The two woman were tied to chairs, a table in front of them holding a gun. He grew tense as he watched the blood drip down their foreheads. It was likely they were knocked out, it didn't surprise him.

He got an odd feeling of deja vu at the sight of it all, he tugged at the chains around his wrists harshly. "I don't understand, what is this! Why are they here?".

He looked at the doorway and then at the camera in the corner of the room. He flinched when the door opened, the figure walking inside with a slow pace.

"Hey answer me asshole! Why are they here!" he sneered angrily as he was pushed forward. He winced at the pain of it as he was forced in front of the table.

"You seem to have a history of saving people Corey, you're rather famous for helping people cheat death. I believe the first person you saved was sweet little Tatum, you should've let that pet door crush her". The figure laughed as they pulled the cloth off Tatums mask, the woman coughing slightly.

"Gale, she of course never had the slightest moment of your help, you've never helped her once when it came to life or death. You never truly put yourself at risk for this woman. Book after book and not once have you helped her, it's obvious you have favorites of your so called group. Why should Tatum have the honor of being saved? Gale deserves it all the same".

Corey looked at Gale when the cloth was pulled off her mask "I've helped them both, what does it matter if I helped Tate more. You're just an insecure person. Hiding under a stupid mask".

Corey flinched when the figures hand grasped his shoulder. They grabbed the gun off the table "do you have the same favoritism in this situation Corey? Would you let Tatum take a bullet if it meant Gale got to survive one last time. Death shouldn't be something that you cheat, not all of these times. You have a little test Corey, pick one... the other survives, if you don't pick... well then I might just have to kill them both while you watch. It's an easy game... you've done it so many times before, so go on.. save one".

Corey let out a heavy breath "no! That's insane, I won't do that... I'm not gonna kill someone I cared about!". "Haven't you done it so many times before? You've killed so many people who you've once cared about, history always repeats itself. You're nothing Corey Becker, you don't matter, and neither do they, so pick one before I gut them both myself! And I will not be as gentle about it".

Corey flinched when the gun was pressed into the palm of his hand "one bullet Corey, that's all it takes to take one's life. You should understand this is something you can't escape. I will ruin you piece by piece, until nothing but death remains. You can ruin someone's entire world in a matter of seconds, and you can save someone else's, so pick one".

Corey chuckled weakly "you're really gonna hand a loaded gun to someone you're holding hostage? You must really believe you're the shit". Corey looked at the gun with a defeated expression "then again you're not like the others, I can sense that about you".