030| 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘬

time felt slow, Corey didn't move he stayed completely still

time felt slow, Corey didn't move he stayed completely still. His arms holding himself as he laid on the bed. His eyes looked at the wall in front of him, the chipped painting not bothering him.

He wore the same clothes from the funeral, the ring on his finger still burning his flesh as he cried. He stayed like this for a long time, never moving. Time went on, and Corey was forced to keep going.

"He won't come out of his room, he's depressed" Sidney sat down at the table holding onto a glass of water as she sighed deeply.

"I think it's time we take him to a hospital, it's not good for him to just lay in that room all day. It's been three weeks and he still won't come out".

Corey sat up slowly as he walked towards the closet his fingers wrapped around the baseball bat. The weight of it heavy as he smacked it into the lamp.

He screamed as he let it collide into the photos on the wall. Each breaking and sending glass everywhere. He hit the light next, the room going dark in a matter of seconds.

His door burst open "Corey!" he ignored Sidney's voice as he smacked the bat into the closet door. The wood snapping Sidney cried as she watched Corey destroy the room piece by piece.

It ended with him falling to the floor crying as he held onto himself. Tatum walked into the hallway "they're here" Sidney wiped her tears away "he's in his room, I'm gonna get some air".

The girl ran off and Tatum walked into the room kneeling down "Corey" he didn't speak. His eyes red as he looked at her, the man she was looking at wasn't the Corey she knew.

He was an empty shell his eyes dead and his soul gone, "will I be okay..." his voice cracked as Tatum hugged him "it's okay Corey, you'll be okay soon, Dewey's gonna take you to this beautiful place, they'll help you get better... all of us will be with you, we'll visit and when you're ready, you can come home..".

"i don't have a home anymore..." tears slipped down his cheeks "Corey that's not true, you have a home, you have all of us here for you".

He shock his head weakly "roman was my home.... Why does the world hate me tate? Why did they take him away from me...". She held onto him "he was going to kill everyone, he made his choice when he put on that mask, it's not your fault".

Corey sighed "I should've known, I saw the signs Tate, I should've stopped him before he... now he's gone and I don't have anyone left".

"Hey you have me, you got Randy, he's gonna be here soon him and Dewey are gonna help you get better, they'll be with you for a few weeks and then when you feel better, you can move in with me, it'll be like old times, me and you inside that creepy dorm room of yours".

Corey didn't laugh he only smiled weakly "I hated that dorm room Tate, I felt like I was trapped the entire time I was in there, and Mickey... gosh I can't believe my roommate was a psycho who was trying to murder me and my friends! Why does everyone I associate with turn out to be crazy! I thought I was finally free of this shit, it's just worst".

Tatum stood up off the ground helping Corey out of the room "hey none of us knew this would've happened again, I mean we thought we finally escaped it all, it's been a long time since Mickey and Hallie happened, we were all happy".

Corey leaned into the wall as he walked down the steps his legs aching as Tatum helped him carefully down them. "I don't think we'll ever be happy, give it a few years... they'll come after us again, someone always does, there's always gonna be another movie and that mask...".

He sighed deeply "hey, you listen to me Corey, there won't be a next time, I'll even make sure of it myself, if any asshole tries to put on that stupid mask I'll drag em right down to hell myself, there's no way you're going through this again! None of us our, I know this time I wasn't around, but I promise you next time, I'll be right beside you".

He smiled weakly as he was led outside the bright sun making his eyes shut as he winced at it. "Who knows I got a feeling this is the last one, and I really mean that Corey, maybe for once we can all finally be happy and it'll last forever".

Corey sat down in the van, his hands aching as Tatum put his seatbelt on for him. Dewey sat in the drivers seat, a bright smile on his lips as he patted Corey's shoulder "I'll get you a beer after all this is over, it'll only be for a couple of weeks".

"Yeah man! Just think, when you're better we can finally get around to hanging out again" Randy smiled at Corey as he leaned over the seat "I technically still owe you for saving my life, we can do anything you want, just call me man".

Corey nodded his head leaning into the seat as the door was pushed shut Tatum climbed into the back patting Randy's back slightly as Dewey drove off.

"This is kinda like a road trip, I've never been on one of those before" Dewey looked at Tatum through the mirror "that's a lie, you went to Alaska, that's technically a road trip, seeing you drove yourself all the way there".

Tatum sighed "Alaska was fun, but I think it's time I move back, I'll take care of your house for you Corey, and when you're ready I'll help you pack up and we can move to my house".

Corey leaned into the window closing his eyes as Dewey turned the radio on. "Hey, just think of it this way Corey, this is a fresh start to your life".

"I don't wanna see that mask again, I just don't think I could go through this again..." Dewey smiled sadly "hey we promise you everything's gonna be fine, no more masks and definitely no one people trying to kill us".

Corey let out a weak chuckle "that's never gonna happen, someone's always gonna put on that mask even if it's two years from now or six months it's always bond to happen, it's a curse... we just gotta make sure that curse doesn't spread to anyone else. I don't know about you guys, but if anyone else tries ruining my life, I might just let them... I'm tried". He closed his eyes the car getting silent, deep down inside he knew this wasn't over.

—authors notes:and we all know it isn't over, Corey's got a lot more ghostfaces coming his way

authors notes:
and we all know it isn't over, Corey's got a lot more ghostfaces coming his way. And it only get worst from here, no more holding back, Corey's gonna flip his shit, especially when ghostface is back! We end an beautiful era, act three is definitely my favorites of this story, might change as I keep going but as of now this is my favorite act. Onwards to the next act, I can't wait to see Corey's reaction to Jill being ghostface.