034| 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘺

   Corey slept on the couch, his grasp tight on a baseball bat as light snores left his lips

   Corey slept on the couch, his grasp tight on a baseball bat as light snores left his lips. He claimed he'd keep watch, seeing the officers outside couldn't do their jobs properly.

He opened his eyes sitting up and adjusting his grip on the bat. He looked around not seeing anything out of place as he slowly stood up from the couch. He rubbed at his eyes walking into the kitchen and pulling open the fridge. The light was bright making him wince slightly as he grabbed a beer.

He closed the fridge jumping at the sight of Jill "jesus! Jill you scared me... what are you doing awake? It's like four in the morning".

She looked at the beer bottle in his hand "I could say the same about you, does Sidney know you're down here getting drunk?". Corey shoved the refrigerator door shut "what are you, my mother?".

He walked past her sitting back down on the couch Jill sighed as she walked towards him and sat down. "You know when I first heard you were going to marry Sidney, I was shocked, I mean we don't really know each other. But we've talked on the phone a few times a lot more then Sidney does".

Corey sighed "you know, you're like the fifth person to tell me that... I mean that you're shocked I proposed to Sidney, it was Gale first and then Randy and shit even Dewey and Tatum, now you're saying it too. Why's everyone so upset about it?".

Jill shock her head "I'm not upset about it, you two make each other happy, but it's just... I assume after what happened in 2000, you'd I don't know hate her forever or just be friends".

Corey took a big gulp of his beer making Jill wide her eyes "I uh, sorry if that hit a nerve, I can just drop it and go back to bed".

She stood up nearing the steps "Roman would've wanted me to be happy, I know everyone expects me to hate Sidney because she killed him. But I could never truly hate her, she's gone through a lot more then me, shit I can't make it worst by hating her for protecting herself".

Jill sat back down "if I'm being honest I think you lost a lot more then her. You lost your sister, and all of your friends turned out to be killers, and then your husband turned out to be a killer as well. And now you're still being targeted, aren't you ever tired of it all?".