065| the beckers

The soft sounds of footsteps walking up the stairs made Corey push his headphones off his head. He rolled his eyes at the sound of giggling as he stood up off his bed and neared his door.

He pulled his door open a crack as he looked through it and the giggling got louder. "What if your brother tells your parents I was here" Corey recognized Stu Macher anywhere. He had just started dating his sister last month and the boy found him annoying.

"My brother won't care about you being here, he won't tell my parents anything if he doesn't want me telling them about his drug problem".

Corey pushed his door open more as he leaned against the frame and smiled at the two teens in front of him. "Case, don't go telling Stuart my issues. That's supposed to be our little secret, you know a twin thing". Casey rolled her eyes "you're an idiot, go back into your room and pretend you didn't see this".

Corey chuckled "you act like I'll tell mom and dad about this, I hear Stuart in your room all the time, you suck at sneaking him into the house. You're lucky mom and dad have a business meeting tonight and are out of town until Monday. I'm your favorite brother for a reason". Casey huffed "you're my only brother Corey, stop being a dork and go wallow in your room like a loner".

He rolled his eyes "alright whatever, just don't be loud I at least want my innocence still after this conversation". Casey flipped him off before she walked into her room with Stu, Corey sighed deeply before he went back into his room.

He hated the way his sister would date guys and then after she got bored she would dump them. Last he knew she was talking with some guy named Steven, yet here she was messing around with Stu Macher.

He was someone Corey didn't know well, he had seen him hanging around the hallway at school often. He was always eye stalking Tatum Riley, it annoyed Corey how the boy acted all the time.

Casey was someone who didn't see all the signs of trouble. It was right in front of her, all of the signs were written boldly on Stu's forehead and yet she kept ignoring them. He'd give it another week before the boy was replaced by someone else.

Corey would be happier with anyone else besides Stu Macher. He had a history of dating half the school out of boredom and Corey didn't like the idea of him only dating Casey due to boredom.

He didn't have the courage to tell Casey the truth, so he spent half the time keeping to himself. Sure he would stare at Stu in the hallways whenever he saw him, but he would think by now the boy would catch the hint and leave his sister alone already.

Casey was a good person, and Corey knew that Stu would break her heart. He was watching his sister slowly turn into someone else, he didn't even recognize her. It was like looking at a stranger every time he would see her.

Whoever she was, he didn't like it. He'd punch Stu in the face if he could, but he couldn't ruin his sister's life. So he kept his mouth shut, if only he knew Stu Macher would ruin his life too.

"Wakey wakey Corey, almost lost you there" Corey blinked slowly as his eyes adjusted to the bright lights around him. He groaned as a sharp pain ran through his body, he leaned back as he watched the person walk toward him. They were brave enough to not wear a mask for once, it threw him off.

Corey sneered angrily "you shot me" the man in front of him laughed as he circled him. He saw the gun hidden in the back of his pants as he smirked.

"You think you can just take away someone's life? A single bullet is all it takes to make someone suffer, to ruin everything they ever worked on! I lost my entire career because of you. My son died because of you".