8

Chapter 8

Jiang Tang took out a ten-yuan note from her wallet and handed it over: “Water money.”

Under the sun, his smiling expression seemed to be somewhat solidified.

A moment later, he raised his head: “A bottle of water only, no need.”

“You didn’t get this bottle of water for free. We didn’t know each other but you helped me, so take it.” Jiang Tang sneezed money in his hand.

“Okay, then.” He sighed and got up to hold the little girl in yellow, “Lou Lou, let’s go.”

The little girl named Lou Lou glanced back at Jiang Tang and waved her hand, “Older sister, goodbye. You take care of your body.”

That bright smile and polite tone suddenly made Jiang Tang’s heart melt.

After the two left, Jiang Tang finally looked at Chu Yi and Liang Shen.

The two children who are standing in front of her, one is six years old and another one is 5 years old. They are ignorant, pure, and kind hearted. It’s clear that the sun is burning, sunny in April, but it makes her cold from the heart as she looks at them. Just like falling into an ice cellar, piercing to the bone.

“Chu Yi, Liang Shen, let me ask you, why was the door in the small room locked?”

Facing the question, Laing Shen looked down at his toes.

Looking at his younger brother, Chu Yi shook his head: “Mom, I don’t know.”

She closed her eyes and tried to maintain her calmness, “Chu Yi, you were the one who proposed to come to play at the Monster House, and also asked to take your younger brother to the restroom. Mom don’t want to doubt you, but I hope you will tell the truth, why did you do this?”

Chu Yi’s eyes widened, opened his mouth, and then shut his lips tightly, remaining silent.

“I ask you guys for the last time, who locked it?”

“I locked it.”

Unexpectedly, he admitted it very quickly.

Chu Yi pulled his younger brother behind him expressionless. His tender voice was abnormally calm, “Mom, I’m sorry. I locked it.”

Jiang Tang clenched her fingertips a few times, she couldn’t help but look at Liang Qian. This little fellow was at loss from beginning to the end, wanted to cry but she didn’t dare to and could only stand on the side with her hand behind, watching them carefully.

Looking down slightly and glancing at Chu Yi: “If only I were in the room, as my child I would forgive you, but whether you were intentional or unintentional, you shouldn’t have hurt your sister. Do you know how frightened she was?”

Chu Yi’s little hand hung down and unsteadily pulled the corner of his clothes. His eyes were already red. He bit his lip and tried to swap his tears. His voice was a little choked: “En, I won’t do it again….”

Jiang Tang stretched out her hand to pull Chu Yi closer and took out the paper towel to wipe the sweat on his face: “Where else for you want to play?”

“Mom, don’t you punish me?”

“I said just now, I have forgiven you, so it doesn’t matter.”

He rubbed his eyes and put on a happy face again: “I have already been to the Monster House, let di di and mei mei decide next.”

TN: from now on I will start using Chinese addressing term (Ge Ge – Older brother; Di Di – Younger brother; Mei Mei – Younger sister).