66

Chapter 66

Qian Qian was the first one to discover Liangshen and Xia Lou were missing. She made an effort to roast five quail eggs and wanted to share them with the two, but she couldn’t find them. 

She took the hot quail eggs with her and ran to Jiang Tang, gently pulled her sleeves with her small hand: “Mama, Elder Brother is missing.”

Jiang Tang answered without raising her head: “He’s playing by the river.”

River?

Qian Qian’s eyes were bewildered: “But no one is there.”

Jiang Tang’s hands paused and looked up.

She looked over and saw beside a few adults and several children, the two kids were not there. She had the bad prominent, quickly put down the things in her hands, and went to look for them at the nearby areas, but they were nowhere to be found.

Jiang Tang finally realized that the two children had played tricks on her.

“They probably went into the woods over there.” Faced with this situation, Xia Huairun’s face remained as calm as ever. He observed the areas, except for the hill where they are, the surroundings are flat. He would easily find them if the two children are nearby.

“Let’s go into the woods to look for them.” Xia Huairun returned to his tent and took out two flashlights, handed one of them to Lin Suizhou.

Lin Suizhou looked at Jiang Tang: “You stay here to watch the children. Call us if there is any news.”

She frowned and shook her head: “I go too.”

“It’s too dark now, your strength is limited.” 

Xia Huairun also added: “Jiang Tang, you stay behind, Qian Qian needs someone to take care of too.”

The two men’s attitudes were very persistent, but Jiang Tang was even firmer than them. There was no smile on her face, and there was a trace of coldness in her voice: “Lin Suizhou, you stay here to watch Liangqian and Chu Yi. I’ll go with President Xia.”

Lin Suizhou’s eyebrows deeply furrowed, feeling strongly disagreed. 

Before he could refuse her, Jiang Tang snatched the flashlight in his hand in a blink of an eye and left right away. Leaving him a stubborn back view.

Looking at her walking far away, Xia Huairun sighed and patted Lin Suizhou’s shoulder, “You stay here then, I’ll take care of Jiang Tang.”

Lin Suizhou looked at him suspiciously: “You?”

Xia Huairun raised his eyebrows: “President Lin, the most important thing now is to find the two children. Please don’t have any crazy thoughts.” 

“…….”

He restrained his expression and turned his body away in poker-face.

After the two left, Qian Qian raised her head and looked at Lin Suizhou, softly said: “Papa, I want to go too.”

“Be good, Mama will be back soon.”

She nodded unhappily and asked: “Elder Brother will be fine, right?”

“He will be fine.”

After comforting her, Lin Suizhou’s gaze fell on Chu Yi. His small back was facing against him, under the light looking somewhat lonely. 

Lin Suizhou narrowed his eyes and returned to the tent with Qian Qian in his arms, and said: “Can you stay here alone for a while?”

“I’m scared….”