57

Chapter 57

After putting the two children’s school backpacks away, Jiang Tang took out a pair of spare slippers for Ouyang to change, and then entered the kitchen to prepare the ingredients for tonight’s dinner.

Liangqian looked at Ouyang eagerly, her eyelashes fluttered and whispered: “Do you often skip school?”

Ouyang stunned and shook his head: “I don’t often skip…..”

She pursed her lips and said with a serious face: “Skipping school is bad.”

Ouyang’s ears turned red: “I don’t skip class.”

“It is said on TV that skipping school will not make you get into a good university. If you can’t get into university, you won’t be able to find a job. If you can’t find a job, you will starve to death.” She paused, “If you can’t get a job, you can come to work at my dad’s company. My dad is the big boss, he will make you a general manager, the monthly salary is one million!!”

Liangqian said so confidently as if as a pledge. But the one million yuan has made Lin Suizhou cough surprisingly.

It took him a long time to calm down. He stretched out his hand to hold Liangqian and gently whispered: “Qian Qian, Papa would go bankrupt if…..”

She suddenly gave him rolling eyes: “Papa, you are really useless. You don’t even have a million, Qian Qian is not going to play with you anymore.”

After speaking, she gave him a cold snort and turned to go look for the toys in her room.

“…….”

As a father, he felt he was deeply hurt by Qian Qian. At the same time, he began to wonder in Qian Qian’s mind if he is her beloved father or her ATM only to withdraw money?

Lin Suizhou did not dare to look deep into the details. He sighed helplessly, got up, and went into the kitchen to help.

Everyone in the family was busy with their own things, only Ouyang stayed in the living room doing nothing.

He sat on the soft sofa nervously. His amber-stone-like eyes swept across a pair of warm back figures in the kitchen and then looked at Chu Yi who was lecturing his younger brother, and finally looked at the opened bedroom’s door, where Liangqian was searching for her toys.

This is a scene of a complete family, with a father and a gentle and beautiful mother. 

He had never experienced this kind of warmth before, but the warmer the scene before him, the more desolate his heart will be.

Ouyang was still young. A lot of memories were not very clear, but he never forgot that day when his mother wore a bright dress and put on the most beautiful makeup. In the dark rainy night, without looking back, she jumped from the high buildings. Leaving behind only the shrill scream and a helpless cry of his grandmother. 

After that day, neighbors around him called him “a bastard child”. Even if he moved out of the building with his grandmother, the scars in his heart would never disappear. 

Ouyang couldn’t help but look at Chu Yi, suddenly a little jealousy grew in his heart.

Lin Chuyi studied well, and well-behaved, had a warm and intelligent personality. Whether teachers or classmates, they all like him. His family is also good. Even if he was caught passing the note, he did not get scolded. He seemed to be the son of God left behind on earth and let the heavens blessed him with all the luck. In contrast, he was like a poor mud worm who had nothing.