78.

Chapter 78

The summer night in the mountain village is slightly cold. Under the cold moonlight, Jiang Tang saw the small figure taking a piss in the corner. 

She folded her arms around her chest and leaned against the door frame, squinting at him.

The boy pulled up his pants after finishing his business and turned around. He was stunned for a moment and then backed away in a bad mood.

“Why are you peeking at people using the toilet? Peeping Tom.” His eyes were red from embarrassment. 

Jiang Tang slightly raised her eyebrows: “Do you replace Chu Yi to use the toilet every night?”

“It’s none of your business.” Ah Wu answered in irritation before turning his head away. 

Jiang Tang lowered her head and chuckled: “Chu Yu is afraid of the darkness, aren’t you afraid of it too?”

He snorted and answered without hesitation: “Not afraid.”

Only the kids are afraid of the darkness, he is a teenager, how could he be afraid of such a childish thing. 

Ah Wu didn’t want to talk too much with Jiang Tang, so he turned around and was about to return to the house, but his arm was suddenly pulled by her. He lifted his head to look. In the dim night, her eyes were covered with a layer of light-colored shadow, reminding him of what happened before, Ah Wu’s body became tense in an instant. Because of excessive tension, his nose was slightly snuffed out, and his eyes were full of warning and defensiveness. 

The corner of Jiang Tang’s mouth raised up as she looked at the boy’s sensitive sight. She stretched out her hand to rub his hair and said: “You’re not that terrible.”

Ah Wu was taken aback and slapped her hand away.

Jiang Tang grabbed him in her embrace and walked outside. Ah Wu was a little suffocated and began to struggle: “Let go of me!”

Jiang Tang opened the door and walked toward the old locust tree nearby. She half squatted down and said: “Climb up.”

Ah Wu gasping for breath: “What are you doing?”

She replied: “Look at the stars.”

Look at the stars?

Ah Wu raised his head and stared at the sky. Quiet mountain village far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, its night sky was extremely low, and the Milky Way winding with stars arrayed everywhere. 

But….

He lowered his gaze, and said with a cold and indifferent voice: “I don’t want to look.”

“Hurry up.”

She urged A Wu to climb up, insisting on not letting him go. Ah Wu gritted his teeth, ignored Jiang Tang, and used his two hands and feet to climb up the trunk. After A Wu went up, Jiang Tang followed behind and sat beside him.

This old tree was tall, and its branches were quite sturdy. One large and one small shadow fell on the ground, entangled side by side.

Jiang Tang looked at the half-round dark moon in the horizon and sighed. 

She leaned lazily against the rough branch, squinted her fox-like eyes, and asked softly: “What else are you afraid of besides worms?”

Ah Wu replied decisively: “I’m not afraid of anything.”

“Nonsense.” Jiang Tang sneered, “Humans will always be afraid of something. Look, even a good looking fairy like me is afraid of snakes and bugs. Last time Liang Shen encountered a snake, although I drove it away, I was extremely terrified by it.”