58.

Chapter 58

Among all the damage A Wu had suffered, it was not Jiang Tang who brought him the most pain.

Children are too young to know much about life, they always open up their hearts quickly to people and tend to find like-minded allies. Chu Yi is no exception. He is smart and good-looking so many kids want to be friends with him. 

A Wu remembered that when he first started elementary school, there was a shy and introverted kid who was very close to Chu Yi. He’s the youngest son of the class director. Later, he learned that the boy became friends with Chu Yi because his mother instructed him. The class director knew that through Chu Yi, they could connect to the powerful family background behind him. As long as they are close to him, her promotion is just a matter of time.

When Chu Yi learned about this, he was sad for a long time, but he was still reluctant to cut off this “friend”. In contrast, A Wu was different. He is the dark side of Chu Yi. The thing Chu Yi can’t do, he will do it for him. The thing Chu Yi can’t bear, he will bear it for him.

Since then, Chu Yi has no longer had friends again. 

And this time again, to avoid him being sad later, he is better to cut off this feeling that shouldn’t exist at the beginning. 

He was not wrong, it was Chu Yi who was too indecisive. 

His eyelashes fluttered, and Chu Yi regained control of his body again. He stood on the cobblestone walkway, looking at the moon above his head blankly. There was a missing piece of his memory, he frowned and suddenly realized A Wu had appeared. 

A bad premonition immediately rose in his heart. He took out a small notebook and wrote: “What did you do just now?”

[I wanted to meet your friend, but he doesn’t seem to like you.]

“What do you mean?”

[The threw away the food you gave him and said you look down on him, he will never want to see you again.]

With a disturbing heart, Chu Yi opened the trash can lid, familiar bags lying inside quietly in a pile of garbage. 

Chu Yi’s heart sank, and the arc of mouth gradually faded. 

He lowered his eyes and walked back home in silence. 

Lin Suizhou had already left when Chu Yi returned. Jiang Tang was bathing Liangshen. Chu Yi walked in with slumped shoulders, changed his shoes, and went into his room. 

“You are back, Chu Yi?”

“Yeah.”

A weak answered full of sadness and disappointment.

Jiang Tang felt something was wrong. After pulling the towel to wrap around Liangshen’s body, she wiped her hands and walked to him.

“Are you unhappy?”

Chu Yi pursed his lips and shook his head lightly.

Jiang Tang was not a fool, she could see that he was trying to hide his sadness. She bent over to hold his little face and asked in concern: “Did you quarrel with Ouyang?”

He shook his head again.

Jiang Tang thought for a moment and said: “You promised Mama that you will tell me everything.” 

Chu Yi’s eyes turned red: “Ouyang doesn’t like me….”

She frowned: “He said it himself?”

“A Wu said he threw away the food I gave him and said I looked down on him, but I didn’t….”

Chu Yi felt he’d been wronged, gritted his teeth, and his eyes reddened. He almost cried but tried to hold it back. His appearance at this moment makes people feel very heartache just to look at.