59.

Chapter 59

“Isn’t this a bastard child?” A thin tall boy spoke with his nose in the air, looking disdainful. 

Children are more or less influenced by their parents. When Ouyang was still neighbors with them, he often heard their parents gossipped about his family. Over time, they all knew that Ouyang was an illegitimate child, a bastard child who was born out of wedlock. As a result, they would taunt him every time they met him.

Ouyang said nothing. He bit his lower lip and prepared to ignore them and left. 

“You want to leave?” The thin tall man grabbed Ou Yang’s small arm and looked at him condescendingly, “You can leave, but go to the small convenience store over thee and buy us two packs of cigarettes first.”

Ouyang struggled to break away: “I have no money!”

The man was not convinced: “I remember your grandmother gave you money every day, and now you are telling me you have no money?”

Ouyang glared fiercely at them and his hand clutched his pocket tightly. These five yuan was given by his grandmother as his lunch money. 

“I have no money!”

He repeated loudly again.

As the tall thin man was about to attack him, the fat man behind him noticed Chu Yi who was shrinking in the back. Seeing his school uniform was neat, with a fair face, and a pair of good-looking eyes which make people want to dig them out. The fat man immediately became jealous of Chu Yi’s appearance. He took a few steps forward and directly picked up Chu Yi’s collar. 

Then he asked: “Is he your friend?”

Ouyang was alarmed in his heart and hurriedly said: “I don’t know him. This matter has nothing to do with him.”

The two looked at each other with disdain on their faces.

“I don’t care if you know each other or not. Since you walked together, it means you are together.”

“Hu Zi, drag them. We’ll find out if you have any money after searching.”

Chu Yi and Ouyang struggled to free themselves. They dragged them to the alley across the road. After making sure that no one was around, they shoved the two little boys to the ground heavily, squatted down, and began to pull their clothes off. 

“Let me go——!”

“Don’t touch me——!”

The two teenage boys are much stronger than Chu Yi and Ouyang, naturally, they can’t shake them off no matter how they struggled. 

Soon, his school uniform was torn off, and the thin man took five yuan out of Ouyang’s pocket and also found a fine small hairpin from his shirt pocket next to his chest. 

The small daisy hairpin made out of pearls reflected a light luster under the weak sunlight.

This hairpin was given to him by Qian Qian.

“What’s this?”

A thin man played with it for a bit and laughed: “It’s worn by a girl, Ouyang, you are really something.”

The fat man joined in and mocking him: “Maybe Ouyang wore it.”

A thin man bent over and patted his face: “Ouyang, do you make pigtail braid too?”

After mocking, he threw the hairpin on the ground, spat his saliva on it, and raised his foot to step on the hairpin ruthlessly.

Ouyang stared blankly at the ravaged little hairpin, and Qian Qian’s smile came to his mind again. That was the first time someone gave him a gift and was the first time someone took his hand and asked him to play with, but…..