Chapter 13 - The Next Morning

Leah was right, Ellie didn't have much thought about what happened last night, she was very nonchalant about the whole thing and she didn't really have a second thought. Yes, she thought Leah was beautiful and she enjoyed her company but they were team mates and as far as Ellie was concerned, that was how it was staying. Would that change though? We will have to see.

Leah's P.O.V.

I woke up and started to pat the bed beside me, Ellie wasn't there. I sighed feeling slightly disappointed that she wasn't there. But as far as Ellie was concerned, it was just two friends having a cuddle in bed, all because of a house rule. I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. As I opened the door Ellie came bounding up the stairs.

"Morning" Ellie said out of breath.

"If your out of breath just from running up the stairs you need to work harder in training" I laughed.

"I've just got back from a run" and with that Ellie came around the corner as she reached the top of the stairs.

I must admit, time stopped as my eyes looked Ellie up and down. She was hot. Ellie brushed her body against me as she manoeuvred around me to reach her bedroom. She started to take off her t-shirt which was dripping with sweat. I couldn't help but stare, her body was amazing and the constant tan she had, from all the years she spent in Barcelona, just made her look even better. 

"Like what you see?" I was soon snapped out of my thoughts. Shit.

"Don't flatter yourself babe" I smirked. Oo I was quick. Thank god.

"Babe? I see, we spend one night in the same bed together and were now on 'babe' terms" Ellie was quick to reply. Damn. She was always so quick to respond in situations like this.

"You both spent the night together?" Beth shouted as she swung open her door. Oh here we go.

With that Ellie ran past me and into the bathroom, as she was about to shut the door "Got to be quick in this house babe" she smirked and shut the bathroom door. I didn't say anything and just looked at Beth with an innocent smile.

"You've got some explaining to do Miss" Beth whispered to me with a grin on her face

"Beth, nothing happened, we had a cuddle and that's it. It's your fault anyway for leaving us downstairs, Ellie woke me up as she carried me to bed and well you know, the house rule that you all apparently have" I responded to Beth, still with a stupid innocent smile on my face.

Beth didn't say anything further, she just grinned at me as I headed downstairs.

Beth, Viv and Ellie eventually all came downstairs and joined me in the kitchen. We was all having general chit chat, I could sense some tension in the air between Beth and I. Beth kept looking at me with a stupid smile. Viv and Ellie were completely oblivious and non the wiser, chatting amongst themselves. I did, once again, find myself looking at Ellie though. The way she smiled, the way she laughed, her mannerisms, the way she spoke with that strong Yorkshire accent, I struggled to understand some of the things she said but I wasn't paying much attention to what she was actually talking to Viv about anyway. I know that Ellie and I are friends, we have known each other for a couple of years now with us both been in the England squad but I wanted to know more about her, more about her background and just generally spend time with her. I would also be lieing to myself if I didn't want to know more about these 'situationships' that Ellie seemed to find herself in. And also why she said she would never be with a team mate again. Little did I know that it wouldn't take long for Ellie and I to spend some time together, alone.