Chapter 121 - It's A Complication

Leahs P.O.V

I'm suddenly awoken as Ellie jolts her body upright taking a huge gasp for air. I immediately sit up and place a hand on her chest which she quickly grabs and grips tightly

"It's me. Breathe..." I say quietly, noticing how hot Ellies skin feels, her body dripping in sweat. I place a gentle kiss on her shoulder as she starts to steady her breathing "Are you ok?"

"Yeah...sorry"

"Don't be sorry" I place my lips back onto her shoulder, a few, continuous kisses "You're safe"

Ellie exhales deeply as she slowly lays her body back down, leaning on the head board, I follow her lead as I lay next to her.

"Still the same ones?" I ask quietly, my heart aches that she is still having nightmares

"Sometimes"

I'm hesitant to ask questions, not wanting to ruin the night we have just had together by trying to make Ellie do one of the main things that drove us apart in the first place. I place my head on her shoulder as she wraps her arm around me, tracing patters into her chest with my fingertips, as I lay feeling safe in her arms I decide I won't ask anything further, for the fear of ruining it, but then Ellie starts to say something, which surprises me.

"They aren't..." she takes a deep breath "They aren't always about the injury"

My heart skips a beat and aches at the same time.

"What are they about?" I ask quietly, keeping my head looking down rather than towards her

"Archie...You"

"What happens?"

"It changes"

I don't say anything, I don't want to push, I remain quiet, as I get a feeling Ellie wants to say more, but I need to let her do it in her own time. And I was right...

"Sometimes...Sometimes I leave. Sometimes you leave" She sighs. My heart.

"I'm here now" I say quietly

"Sometimes...there good"

"Good?" Ellies change of tone makes me raise my head to look at her

"The ones about you" Ellie smirks

"What do you mean?"

"Well...you know" she laughs

"Fuck sake" I laugh as I playfully smack my hand on her chest "Not as good as reality I hope"

"Oh...reality is definitely better"

It's typical Ellie really, changing the tone of a serious conversation to a funny one. But she's talking. Even if only a little.

"Better be" I smirk as I lean down and place my lips on hers, before resting my head back into her shoulder as we lay in a comfortable silence for a few minutes

"Do you mind if I go get a quick shower?" Ellie asks

"No...you're very sweaty" I laugh

"You weren't complaining earlier" Ellie laughs "I won't be a minute" She kisses my forehead and jumps out of bed

I lay in bed, listening to the shower running. I really don't want to ruin how I'm feeling after tonight with Ellie, it's been amazing and my god, intense. Very fucking intense. But incredible. It didn't just happen because we are familiar with each other and just fell into bed out of habit. The tension and chemistry between us was obvious, just like it was right at the beginning and throughout. Yes, its got lost along the way at times, but its always been clear to us and everyone around us the chemistry we have. And tonight, proved it's still there. But I also can't help but feel slightly disappointed, deflated even that she seemed to start talking to me, but then stopped. I guess, I'm just going to have to be patient, more patient than I was before she left home.