Chapter 115 - Mini Break

Leah's P.O.V

As Ellie was now a little more mobile, she went back to doing the early morning gets up, which she insisted on as she is an early riser anyway. But the sight I went down to every morning was far from cool, calm and collected, it was usually pretty chaotic. But a sight I would never get bored of seeing, it made my heart skip a beat and butterflies flutter in my stomach. Ellie leaning over Archie, a baby grow hung over her shoulder, making silly baby noise to Archie to make him laugh, or to try and distract him whilst she changed his nappy and got him dressed, baby toys scattered about, baby TV on, a half drank cup of tea, Archies pyjamas scattered across the room, wipes everywhere...you get the drill. But it was a sight I loved to see. After the interview on the red carpet and how Ellie reacted when she got home that night, I admit I was worried about Ellies bond with Archie, and for a few weeks after, I observed Ellie and Archies interactions and I actually still feel a little guilty about it, I felt a bit like I was spying on her, I wasn't meaning too but I felt like I was. But I shouldn't have worried, Ellie is amazing with Archie and they have an amazing bond.

Although it was now the summer break for me, Ellie still had to go to Colney for rehab and our lives, together, had become somewhat of a little robotic over the last few weeks. Routine. Ellie would get up with Archie, I would come down, Tom would arrive to pick Ellie up, she would hand Archie over to me, give me a quick kiss, grab a banana and a cuppa, of course and off she went. I'd spend the day catching up with friends and family, Ellie would come home, we'd bath and put Archie to bed, eat ourselves, talk about our day and then crash on the sofa, often both of us falling to sleep early. It wasn't exactly the summer we had planned. But at least next week Ellie also has some time off and we are going away for a few days with family. Before then, I've got an idea....

——

The next morning Ellie had the day off. She got up as per usual, I went downstairs, the same sight as normal, the same butterflies in my stomach as I watch them both. But this time, we are interrupted by the door bell.

Ellie looks at the clock and then at me "What have you been ordering now?" She rolls her eyes

"It's a good one" I smile as I skip to the door

"I believe someone ordered a baby sitter?" Mum smiles as she enters the living room

"Eh?" Ellie looks at her confused

"I'm taking this little one for a walk"

"At this time in the morning?"

"Yes, am I not allowed?"

Ellie holds her hands up in defeat "I'll say no more"

I get Archie ready for Mum and wave them both off, heading back into the kitchen to find Ellie sat at the kitchen island with her back to me, I walk over and wrap my arms around her chest, before placing a gentle kiss on her neck "Someone once said to me" I whisper as I slide my body around hers and take a seat on her lap "breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and that someone has recently forgotten all about it"

"You've organised a babysitter so I can make you breakfast?" Ellie laughs

"No" I stand up, feeling slightly defensive "I'm going to make it"

Ellie laughs harder this time, as she spins around on the seat, placing her hands on my waist "Fuckinell, are you alright?" She reaches her hand up to my forehead "Hmm...no temperature" 

"Shut up" I playfully smack her arm

I get to work on the breakfast, determined to do a good job, even though I'm a terrible cook. Ellie watches on, the odd giggle coming from her as she asks if I need help a few times, I obviously say no. But then...the smoke alarm goes off.