Chapter 136 - My Forever

Leah's P.O.V

"Mum, I need your help"

"Is everything ok darling?"

"Yes...No...not really. Don't worry everyone is fine. But can you come here, as quick as you can?"

"I'm setting off now"

"Thanks"

——

"Leah..." I hear mum shout as she walks in the front door

"I'm upstairs"

Mum bursts through my bedroom door

"I'm in here" I say, from the walk in wardrobe

"Leah, what is going on?" She looks around the wardrobe and the room, clothes and stuff everywhere

"I can't find it Mum"

"Can't find what?"

"My engagement ring"

"For goodness sake Leah" Mum breathes out "I thought something had happened"

"Sorry. Well it has...I can't fucking find it!"

"Where did you lose it?"

"Really? If I knew that I wouldn't have lost it would I"

"Well...where did you keep it?"

"In my jewellery drawer in my wardrobe"

"And it's not there now?"

"No Mum"

"What about your other jewellery? You haven't..." Mum walks over, panicking

"It's all there. Only the ring is missing. I don't think we have been broken into. Ellie is going to kill me"

Ok so, my engagement ring...since I took it off, I have always kept it in my drawer in the wardrobe. I often found myself opening the drawer to look at it, sometimes even sliding it back on my finger, just for a few moments but I always put it back. Or so I thought. The season ended a few weeks ago and I have just got back from a 10 day camp with the Lionesses, Ellie didn't attend the camp, although she continued to play in the last few games of the season for Arsenal, and playing well at that, even managing to play the full 90 minutes in the last game, after discussions with Sarina they both decided it was best Ellie wouldn't attend. Ellie took Archie away on holiday whilst I was away, she came back for the last game and now we both have some time off before we have to return to pre-season training with Arsenal, and tomorrow we are going on holiday. Anyway...I realised the ring was missing just before I left for camp. I have done nothing but panic about it since and I haven't told Ellie. I daren't. Not just because of what it means, but also because of the sheer cost of it, when I found out how much it cost I nearly had a heart attack.

Ellie has gone out to do some last minute shopping with Beth, so this was my only opportunity to try and find the ring, without Ellie here. I have pulled every drawer apart, I've looked under the bed, behind the bedside tables, it's literally nowhere to be found and it makes me feel sick at the thought that what if I've thrown it away by accident? What if I got distracted, took it off and put it on the bedside table, and then picked it up with some rubbish? I don't even want to think about it.

——

"She is going to kill me" I sink my head into my hands, Mum and I having no joy in finding the ring

"I'm sure she won't darling" Mum places a hand on my arm reassuringly "Be honest with her. It's an accident"

"Mum, we aren't just talking about any piece of jewellery here, this is my engagement ring. And I...well...I...wanted to take it away with us"