Chapter 24 - Game Day

We have a mid week game this week, so short turn around from the last game. Surprisingly and very fucking luckily, the appeal of my red card was in fact over turned, which means I can play. The card was soft, lots of play acting, but still, I am lucky it was overturned. Anyway we are playing Chelsea, of course we are.

The last few days we have had some recovery time and a few light training sessions since the last game, nothing too physical. We have been mainly focusing on the tactical side. I've not seen much of Leah, she has been in rehab. We have had a few small conversations when we have bumped into each other but nothing major, of course we have shared a few looks at each other but to be honest I think we are both feeling the tension and nerves in preparation for our upcoming 'talk' once the Chelsea game is out the way. I know we need to talk, but I'm shitting it. My head is still all over the place but I'm just trying to focus on the Chelsea game. I know I need to up my game, I played well in the first game, but let my temper get the better of me a little and received a yellow card and then the second game, again I played ok but, well, we all know what happened in that game so I will say no more. I need to keep my focus in this game, yes it would be nice to play well against the team I almost chose to sign for, but more importantly I need to play well for the team and keep my promise I made to them after the last game.

Leah and I have shared the odd text...Again, whenever we messaged, we both just avoided that we both probably had a lot to say each other. But it seemed like, we were happy to do that for now, brush it under the carpet and go back to like it was before.

Ellie: How is my sick note 🤕?

Leah: All the better for hearing from you 🙃

Ellie: 🤮

Leah: You love it 😘

Ellie: Hmmm 🤨

——

Leah: Where are you? X

Ellie: Running 🏃🏼‍♀️

Leah: Eh? Running where? x

Ellie: Through your mind

Leah: Wow, that was bad 🤮

Ellie: 🥁 I'm here all week

——

Leah: I miss you x

Ellie: You've just seen me 10 minutes ago 🤨

Leah: Not for long enough x

Ellie: Your sick 🤮

Leah: Your mean 🥺

Ellie: You know how it goes treat them mean, keep them keen 😈

Leah: Ha. Ok that made me laugh

Ellie: Your welcome, glad I could be of assistance ☺️

Leah: What if I'm not keen anymore? 🤔

Ellie: I've got another saying for that

Leah: Go on

Ellie: Plenty more fish in the sea 🎣

Leah: Bye Jonesy

Ellie: You'll be back 😏

Leah: I can't even deal with you 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ellie: Oh, your back already, that was quick 😉

Leah: 🖕🏻

Ellie: 😘

——

Today is game day. It's an evening kick off, I love an evening game. It's live on Sky Sports too. I'm excited but I'm very focussed. Its back at Meadow park and is another sell out crowd.