Chapter 17 - End of Pre Season

Back to the present

Ellies P.O.V

Pre-season is almost coming to the end now, the first game of the season is next week and we will be playing Manchester United. I'm so excited for the season to begin and to get my debut for the Arsenal, I honestly can't wait to be back doing what I love. Training is great, but nothing compares to the feeling and buzz you get when you are out on that pitch with your team mates playing football.

We have had plenty of media days to deal with over the last few weeks in preparation for the new season, at club level and with the BBC and Sky Sports to promote the new season. I don't actually mind media days for things like that, there quite fun. Bit like the ones we do at the England camp where we do little games and quizzes. Naturally, there has been some hype around me been in the WSL and a new signing for Arsenal so I've had lots of questions and media around that but I always just go back to that its all about the team as a whole, yes a team is made up of individuals, but for me its always about the team and doing what I can to help the team win games and hopefully titles along the way. Arsenal qualified for the Champions League again last year, I would love to win another Champions League with a different club, that would be a dream.

——

Nobody's P.O.V

Nothing too much has happened over the last couple of weeks between Ellie and Leah, there is definitely still tension between them whenever they are around each other, the looks they both give each other and the eye contact. Everyone in the team has noticed it, but nobody has really said anything to either of them, nor have they said anything about it to each other. They have continued to spend time together but only in the presence of others, and they text each other quite a lot.

There has, however, still been a few 'moments' between them....

Flashback 1: At a training session

The team were all playing an 11v11, Ellie and Leah on opposite teams.

It's 2-1 to Leah's team, with 2 minutes to go. Ellie is up the pitch, and Lotte flys a perfect ball from the back and it lands at Ellies feet. Ellis dances her way around Jen Beattie, which leaves just Leah in defence and Zinsberger in goal.

Ellie feigns Leah pretending to go one way but going the other, and decides to take her shot, she shoots it low and hard, GOALLLLL, bottom right hand corner, there was nothing Zinsberger could do too save that one. But the real highlight of that was Ellie nutmegging Leah.

Ellie can't help herself and runs up to Leah and jumps on her back as Leah has her head in her hands

"COME ONNNN!! Ellie screams

"I can't believe you just did that" Leah is not happy

"Maybe you need more practice on keeping your legs shut" Ellie laughs

"Err, if anything I think your the one who needs practice in that department Jonesy" Leah smirks

Ellie has a shocked face "Leah Williamson, my heart" as she places her hand on her heart, jokingly.

"I'm only joking" Leah puts her arm around Ellies shoulders "Great goal to be fair, fair play"

Ellie puts her arm around Leah's waist as they are both walking back to the rest of the team.

"THE Leah Williamson getting nutmegged by the newbie" Steph says, as everyone laughs trying to wind Leah up.

Ellie takes a playful bow to the team

"Shutup you lot" Leah says, trying to act annoyed, she reaches down for a bottle of water and a playful smile appears on her face

"Leah, no" Ellie says, backing away