Chapter 135 - Time For A Lesson

Ellies P.O.V

Wow. Yesterday was a real full circle moment, not just in football but in my life. Back on the pitch. Back home. Back with Leah. Back with my family. I feel like it's a whole chapter, or chapters, of my book that can finally be closed. Although, of course, new chapters are ahead, and I'm sure it won't all be plain sailing, but I finally feel...happy again. Everything going in the right direction. I've learnt a lot over the last year or so, but if there is one thing that really stood out to me yesterday, I've always, always seen the pitch as my safety blanket, but I now realise I don't just need one. My other safety blanket is lying right beside me. Leah. I won't always have the pitch but I will do everything in my power to keep hold of Leah for as long as possible, for the rest of my life.

"How are you feeling?" Leah says quietly, stroking my hair behind my ear, our eyes barely open after just waking up, and not because Archie is crying for a change

"Mmm...Like I've been hit by a bus"

"I said you would"

"I know, I haven't missed this feeling" I laugh lightly

"You only played 30 minutes"

"You only played 30 minutes" I mimic her, rolling my eyes "Sorry, we can't all play 90 minutes yet, not like I've been out for 14 months or anything"

"You're not the only one who's come back from a long term injury" She smirks

"Have you had all these jokes banked until I returned?"

"Maybe" She laughs lightly

"You've had 14 months to come up with these...I expected better from you...but we can't all be funny" my response only earning a tut and an eye roll from Leah, meanwhile I can't help but chuckle to myself.

I actually do feel like I've been hit by a bus though. My god. I forgot this feeling. But I also forgot the adrenaline you feel when you step out on that pitch, I know I made my return the previous week but it was away from home and only for the last few minutes of the game, whereas yesterday, wow. To return to the Emirates, play 30 minutes and bag myself two goals, not only in the north London derby but also against the team I suffered my injury against. Honestly, I feel on top of the world right now.

"I'm so proud of you" Leah whispers

"Thank you" I place a kiss on her lips, we lay in a content silence, our hands gently playing with each others fingers as I stroke my thumb over her left ring finger.

"What are you thinking?" She asks quietly

"Just what to have for breakfast"

"Dick" She rolls her eyes as I chuckle lightly at myself, again. I know what she was trying to get at.

"I love you"

"Hmmm...I love you, I suppose"

"You suppose?" I gasp

"Well...your kinda annoying"

"Pft..." I push her onto her back and roll my body on top of hers, our fingers interlocked with both hands either side of Leah "Kinda fit as well though"

"Modest" Leah laughs

"Mmm..." I reach down and kiss her neck "Do you disagree Miss W?" I raise my head to look into her eyes "Plenty of people would love to be in your position right now"

Leah bursts out laughing "They can have ya!"

I gasp, jokingly, before a smirk grows on my face, I release one of my hands from Leah's, tracing a fingertip across her jaw, down her neck, down her chest and over her stomach "So you'd be happy for me to do this..." I slide my hands down her shorts, her body jolts as she takes a sharp inhale of breath "to someone else?"