Chapter 102 - Two Years Later

Ellies P.O.V

The last two years have flown by, you'll be pleased to know Leah and I are still going strong, having been together almost 3 years now, we have shared some amazing times together. We have been on some amazing holidays, gigs, time with family and friends during our time off, generally just having fun and we are probably stronger than we ever have been and still very much in love. I moved into Leah's officially after we got back from the World Cup, I must admit it took me a while to get over the final but with the help of Leah and both of our families I can now look back on that time as a moment I am proud of, of both myself and each and every member of that squad. Leah and I have actually recently bought a house together, we've not got the keys yet, its taking longer than we expected but its all very exciting times ahead. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been rainbows and butterflies, but we've both found the person to go through the good and the bad times with, the most important thing is that we stick together. Always.

In terms of football, Leah came back from her ACL injury after almost a year out. Honestly she did amazing and I will forever be in awe of how she handled the full thing. She came back strong, in fact stronger than before once she got back into the groove, but she has struggled a little lately with a few niggling injuries.

I am just about to go into the final year of my initial four year contract with Arsenal, we have started talks about a new contract but nothing too concrete just yet. Despite the heartbreak of losing the World Cup final, it actually brought a bit more fire into my belly for the game. Not to blow my own trumpet, but I've been playing really well for Arsenal and England since then. I've picked up a couple of individual awards along the way, even coming 3rd in the Ballon d'or last year, an amazing event, and to be surrounded by so many greats was incredible, never mind the fact that I actually came 3rd. Crazy. A definite pinch me moment.

——

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" I ask

"No, no, it'll be fine. Mum is coming with me"

"I know but.."

"Ellie, it's fine. I'll text you when I'm done" Leah smiles

"Make sure you do. I'll see you later" I walk over to Leah and place my lips on hers, a slow, soft kiss. Noticing Leah slightly part her lips, I take the invite and slide my tongue into her mouth as the kiss turns a bit more passionate, before we eventually break apart.

"Mmm..I'm so glad you still kiss me the same way you did three years ago" Leah smiles as she places her hands around the back of my neck

"Always" I place a gentle kiss on her nose "Te Amo"

"I love you"

——

Leah's P.O.V

"You're pregnant"

"I'm what?"

"You are pregnant Leah. Congratulations"

Hold up. Let's go back a little....

Ellie and I had briefly mentioned children been in our future, but it wasn't brought up seriously until around a year ago, and as time went on we both started talking about it a lot more serious. It was difficult, both of us are professional athletes and one of us becoming pregnant meant a pause in either of our careers. I had already had almost a year out when I did my ACL and Ellie, well Ellie was arguably at the peak of her career. She was a superstar. For both England and Arsenal. Picking up 3rd place in last years Ballon d'or and it was only a matter of time before she would go on to win it. I came back strong once I was back from my ACL but have suffered with the odd niggling injury since. We spoke about every possible option including surrogacy and adoption. Ellie was honest with me, she made it clear she wasn't ready to have a year out of football to carry a baby nor did she expect me too either. But I had this constant nagging thought in my head that I couldn't shift. I'm older than Ellie, only by just over a year but I'm 28 now, and although there would still be plenty of time for me to have a baby once I retired from football, I was also very aware that the possibilities of me ever getting pregnant due to my endometriosis was already lower.