Chapter 125 - The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth

Leah's P.O.V

What a shit show that was. As soon as Ellie left I obviously, impolitely asked Chloe to leave. I was shocked the way she behaved, it was definitely not a side I had seen of her. I feel a mixture of emotions about it, I'm sad, I'm angry but I am also hurt, I feel manipulated. I had let someone into my life who I thought was genuine, but actually she obviously had a different agenda. I'm so glad I stopped whatever was about to happen last night, because that would have made everything 100 times worse. I still feel guilty though, and although I managed to say Chloe and I did not sleep together, I still need to tell Ellie what happened. I still need to tell her we kissed, I still need to tell her it was even slightly more than a kiss, in our house, on our sofa. Fuck.

"I've not slept with anyone else, but Leah, since the very first time"

The mixture of emotions that flew through my entire body as Ellie said those words. I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. She did not and has not slept with anyone else. She wasn't lying when she told me she hadn't. Deep down, I knew it, I knew she hadn't, but I was too angry and hurt to hear her out. I was embarrassed. To everyone else this was my fiancé, the mother of my child, plastered all over the internet ushering another women inside her hotel, a hotel she was staying at because she left us. My mind was clouded, I didn't want to speak to her because if it was true, I knew I would never forgive her. I knew every amazing thing I love about her would have...gone. I knew I would hate her. And I wasn't ready for that, would anyone be ready for that? Granted, I should have trusted her. I should have trusted her enough to not do that, but I never thought she would leave me either. And she did.

"When Leah is ready to talk to me, I'll tell her everything"

I'm ready to talk.

——

My hand shakes as I reach to open the door to let Ellie and Archie in, but I have to keep my emotions in check.

"Is he asleep?" I whisper

"Yeah" Ellie smiles "Where do you want me to put him?"

"Just put him on the sofa"

Ellie heads into the living room, placing Archie down on the sofa, I sit beside him, running my fingers through his hair as he sleeps so peacefully "Have you had a good day?" I ask, trying to make a little small talk, wanting to ease the awkward atmosphere around us

"Yeah, it's been good. He hasn't been asleep for long, he bobbed off in the car on the way here"

I smile softly at Ellie "Do you want a drink?"

"Err....no, thanks. I better get going"

The knot in my stomach, forcing its way up to my throat "I'm sorry about this morning"

"It's alright"

"It's not" I sigh

"Leah" Ellie sighs "It's none of my business. I just...I don't like that Archie was here. I'm not saying you can't introduce people to him, I just...I would have preferred the heads up"

"It's not like that. She's a friend. Was...a friend"

"Really?" Ellie raises an eyebrow at me

"Look, can we...talk?"

"Leah, I really need to be somewhere"

"5 minutes, please" I practically beg

Ellie takes a deep breath and sits down on the chair opposite, running her hands through her hair

I take a deep breath "I met Chloe the night...the night I went back to your hotel"

Ellie doesn't say anything, resting her chin on her hands, staring at me, her face blank.