Chapter 21 - Night Out (Part 3)

Leah's P.O.V

Lilly can't keep her hands off Ellie, she is all over her. Ellie does seem a little hesitant though, which is a good thing, right? She was clearly not happy, shocked even, when Lilly turned up, she was stuttering trying to string a sentence together. The conversation I had with Lilly was horrendous, of course, I was polite, flashed my smile and acted completely normal. Inside though, that was different. There I was, talking to a girl, an absolutely gorgeous one aswell, who was spending time and having sex with Ellie whenever she wanted, she was doing the very thing that I wanted more than anything. It's not even about the sex, I mean yes, I definitely want that, I would be lieing if that wasn't at the front of my mind when I asked Ellie if I could go home with her earlier, but its more than that. I want to feel her touch, I want to kiss her and hold her and I want her to hold me. Fuck sake. Leah, get a grip of yourself, you can do this. It's Lilly that is all over Ellie, not the other way around. It's going to be ok, just breathe.

I decided to try take my mind off it and go talk to some of the girls, as I was chatting, plastering a fake smile and laugh over myself, I couldn't help but look around to see where Ellie was. And then I saw her. She was dancing with Lilly, both of them wrapped around each other. And with that I see Lilly whisper something in Ellies ear, a smirk appearing over Ellies face. I can feel the tears building, my face starting to burn. And then, Ellie looks up, our eyes meet. My stomach that not so long ago was filled with butterflies, is now filled with ache. I make my excuses to the girls and run off to the toilet and lock myself in the cubicle, luckily there is a toilet in our area which only has two cubicles and nobody else is in there. As soon as I enter the toilet, all the tears come out, I can't help it. What is going on? Surely Ellie felt what I felt earlier? We have had moments before, but nothing like that. That was real. Well, I thought it was anyway. Why have I done this to myself? I knew what Ellie was like at the beginning, why have I let myself catch feelings. I should never have let myself start to like her. I am so fucking stupid.

"Leah..." Fuck, I didn't even hear the toilet door open. It's Ellie.

"Leah, I know you are in here, please"

Pull yourself together Leah. I wipe my tears, take a deep breathe, open the door and walk out the cubicle like everything is completely fine.

"What's up?" I say, trying to act completely normal, I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job or not.

"Leah, I promise, I didn't know Lilly was going to show up" Ellie sighs, she's trying to find my eyes but I can't look at her.

"It's fine, she's lovely" I respond, looking at myself in the mirror, fixing my hair and touching up my makeup.

"What?" Ellie says, she's stood to the side of me, slightly behind. Still trying to find my eyes in the mirror.

"She's nice, she spoke to me earlier" I respond, again, acting completely normal.

"Leah...what you asked me earlier..."

I interrupt "Oops" I let out a little laugh "Sorry, I think I've just had one too many drinks"

Ellies face drops, she takes a big deep breath "Really?" She asks softly

"Yeah, I was just playing around, I know you don't get with team mates" I let out a small laugh. Fuck, I know that will hurt her deep down. I take a deep breath, shoulders back, plaster a smile on my face, spin round and start to walk out of the toilet.

Ellie gently grabs my arm as I walk by her "Leah" she says softly

"I think I need another drink, enjoy your night" I smile at her and quickly walk out of the toilets.