Chapter 14 - Getting To Know Each Other

Ellies P.O.V

Another week of pre-season has just finished, it was still going really well and I was enjoying my time at the club so far. I was really starting to feel part of the team, especially as training this week focused on team tactics, looking at defence, midfield and forwards all working together so it was good to start building on team link ups. I can already tell that Leah and I are probably going to have a good partnership on the pitch, her ability to pass long balls down or across the field is second to none, with me playing in an attacking midfield role I'm generally the player on the other end of those balls, we have worked on it a bit this week and its worked really well.

I'm walking back to my car after training with Leah

"Beth and Viv are going out tonight, date night apparently, do you fancy coming over?" I ask.

"You mean to tell me you don't already have plans" Leah says sarcastically, clearly referring to whether I'm hooking up with someone or not.

"Nah, they fell through" I smirk

"Oh..."

"Leah, I'm joking"

Leah lets out an embarrassed laugh.

"So, you fancy it?" I ask.

"Yeah, i'll be round for 7?"

"See you then" I smile as I get into my car and start to head off home.

When I arrive home it is only me, as Beth and Viv got ready at the training ground and headed straight out from there. I take a seat on the sofa and decide to have a scroll through socials. I'm normally quite active but I haven't recently, I've added the odd photo here and there, mainly photos from training and a few stories which was generally daft photos or videos of Beth, Viv and I messing around at home. Anyway, I somehow ended up on Leah's Instagram profile and was looking through some of her posts. One of her posts was of an event she had attended and there were a few photos she had put up, she was wearing a white suit and her hair down, one side tucked behind her ear. She looked amazing. The post was from a while ago but fuck it. I added a comment '🔥😍'. I locked my phone and decided to head off to get a shower as Leah would be turning up soon.

Ping, Ping.

I heard my phone going off as I was heading to the bathroom.

New message from leahwilliamsonn

Leahwilliamsonn: Stalking me are you 😉 x

EllieJonesy: Maybe...😈

Leahwilliamsonn: 🫣

EllieJonesy: Don't get all shy on me now

Leahwilliamsonn: ha! Ill be there in 10 x

EllieJonesy: Make it 20, I'm just jumping in the shower

Leahwilliamsonn: You should have spent less time stalking my instagram x

EllieJonesy: Doesn't help that you look good in all your posts 😏

Leahwilliamsonn: Get in the shower and get ready!

EllieJonesy: I could wait until you get here...

Leahwilliamsonn: Ellie!

EllieJonesy: Twinks to you 😇 I'm going, I'm going, see you soon

Ok, so that got a bit flirty. I couldn't help myself though. I can be a flirty person in general but...I don't know. I throw my phone down on the bed and jump in the shower. I get ready quick time knowing Leah will probably nearly be here. Right on que the door bell goes.