Chapter 38 - Party

Leah's P.O.V

Tonight Steph is hosting a private party at a swanky roof top bar and I'm excited. It's been an intense last few weeks both on the pitch and off the pitch and I'm ready to let my hair down and have a few drinks. There will be quite a lot of people there, all the girls from the team and there partners, some from other teams too and some people who Steph knows outside of football. I can't wait to have a laugh and a good dance with my team. We've got a couple of days off too, so plenty of time to get over the hangover that I intend on getting.

I've invited Lia over to get ready and then we can both go the party together.

"Lia, a drink whilst we get ready?" I ask

"Of course!"

We are both getting ready, music on, drinks flowing already and plenty of laughs. I posted a picture on my instagram story of Lia and I posing, mid way through getting ready, I was wearing some short PJ shorts and a PJ crop top, drink in hand.

"Soooo....are you looking forward to seeing anyone at the party?" Lia asks suspiciously

I look at her through the mirror "What? No" I continue applying my makeup. I can see Lia raise an eyebrow at me "Don't look at me like that" I smirk

"You sure?"

"Yes Lia" I respond, a slight smile on my face. I am looking forward to seeing someone and Lia knows exactly who.

"Show me what your wearing?" I say, trying to swiftly change the subject.

——

I'm stood at the mirror getting dressed, Lia is sat on my bed, applying her finishing touches.

Ping Ping.

"Leah, its yours" Lia says as she picks up her phone to realise its not hers.

"Who is it?"

Lia looks at me, I'm staring back at her in the mirror.

"A certain Miss Ellie Jones" she smirks

Butterflies. Uh, How does she still do this.

I can't hide the smile that's plastered all over my face. Lia knows all about Ellie and I, I've told her everything. Although she doesn't agree with what Ellie did with Lilly, she is very much 'Team Ellie and Leah.'

Ping Ping

I look at Lia, as my phone goes off again.

"Ooo she's eager" Lia smirks at me. I start laughing.

"Read them" I say

"You sure?"

"Mmhmm" I mutter walking over to my wardrobe.

Lia reads out the message "I hope your wearing more than that to the party Miss W" I look at Lia, through the mirror "Is it too late to ask you not to read the second message?" Feeling nervous at what Ellie might have sent next.

"It is, I've already read it" Lia starts laughing

"Oh god, go on" I face palm

Lia continues "On second thoughts, I hope not" with a devil emoji" I can feel my face starting to go red.

Lia says "That's not too bad, its PG" as she laughs, I start laughing too.

"Do you want me to reply?" Lia gives me a cheeky grin

"Definitely not" I spin around and grab my phone from her hand

EllieJonesy: I hope your wearing more than that to the party Miss W